Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2017, 11:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No you could not. Welcome to the noob list Erati. Setting strafe keys wasnt even a thing in classic clients. The only way to strafe was to hold 3 buttons down at once.
I 100% used to run away from mobs with no run speed buffs and not die in Butcherblock or Faydark thanks to having A and D as my 'strafe' buttons. I would hold down W for forward and rotate between Strafe Right and Left to keep just ahead of mobs but barely as they would whack you if you didnt keep the buttons held down.

Its your word versus mine here and I know I survived near death many times as a lvl 5 noob killing orcs.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skew [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only seen non-dated stuff. Meh just semantics at this point anyway. Trying to disprove the whole"its classic" schtick thats all.

Lazie , thats how people video-gamed in the 90s dude [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] 3 key action.
Yeah but mobs would still hit you if you didn't jump. You gained no advantage from it until clients after PoP.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I 100% used to run away from mobs with no run speed buffs and not die in Butcherblock or Faydark thanks to having A and D as my 'strafe' buttons.

Its your word versus mine here and I know I survived near death many times as a lvl 5 noob killing orcs.
Well there is a PoP client out there that disproves you pretty easily.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retry [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How is making /q a requirement for FeignDeath now a good update.
It's not a requirement.
And some more radical people would even call /q an exploit.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:23 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazie [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well there is a PoP client out there that disproves you pretty easily.
Not sure why that matters, I quit before Luclin so you can keep pointing to random shit that has nothing to do with the actual classic experience that happened in reality

but thats besides the point, was just making the point that yes you could strafe to stay ahead of mobs without jumping as evidenced by many orc centurion escapes from orc hill.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:24 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure why that matters, I quit before Luclin so you can keep pointing to random shit that has nothing to do with the actual classic experience that happened in reality

but thats besides the point, was just making the point that yes you could strafe to stay ahead of mobs without jumping as evidenced by many orc centurion escapes from orc hill.
Not in classic clients you couldn't. You can keep being wrong. =)
Old 02-13-2017, 11:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I 100% used to run away from mobs with no run speed buffs and not die in Butcherblock or Faydark thanks to having A and D as my 'strafe' buttons. I would hold down W for forward and rotate between Strafe Right and Left to keep just ahead of mobs but barely as they would whack you if you didnt keep the buttons held down.

Dedicated strafe keys were not available until way after classic[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2017, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

You know what's not classic? Precise individual mob movement speeds.
That kind of exact information is gone forever.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dedicated strafe keys were not available until way after classic[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nm
Old 02-13-2017, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

What is the distance of "Chase Distance" Exactly? Is it like the 200 w.e range that is used for spells? Is it classic view distance? Is it titanium view distance? Is it further than that?
Closed Thread