Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2019, 06:29 PM
Fire Giant

I figured out what bugged me about vah shir with cat pets!

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/...98/141/7eb.png

All these years I couldn't put my finger on it.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:00 PM
Sarnak

I don't want them in my Classic, but I think that Beastlords were fine. They felt like they mixed semi-organically into the class mixture. Also the Iksar one with a scaled wolf pet was fuckin' boss.

The problem was the mooncats. They really should have made Stonebrunt their starter zone, or spun another island/area off of it.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Sarnak

I remember trying the Val’Shir beastlord and I literally couldn’t play the game with all the lag in their home town. Probably would have been fun but I stuck to my two main characters.
Old 10-04-2019, 07:01 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I love not evening having to think about luclin + garbage can video game deterioration stuff on this server.

AA's were cool to help casters stop being so limp vs melee when maximum geared on PVP.
nah, AA's sucked. there were so many that were just "you need to take these or you can't keep up with power creep". it wasn't ever really a choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonark [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Berserkers are currently the premiere DPS class in the game on Live.

But that's literally all they can do.

But it's a REALLY BIG ALL.
i guess they had to give them some reason to exist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also the Iksar one with a scaled wolf pet was fuckin' boss.
you got it
Old 10-04-2019, 07:30 PM
Orc

I mained a Vah Beastlord during luclin for a long while. Loved playing that class. I remember soloing blues well into 50s with mediocre gear.
Old 10-04-2019, 08:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenagra [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mained a Vah Beastlord during luclin for a long while. Loved playing that class. I remember soloing blues well into 50s with mediocre gear.
Day Luclin opened I moved from rallos to sullon and rolled up a barbarian beastlord, was definitely not a overpowered class and it was actually very underpowered in pvp but it was very fun PvE leveling it up and it had a place at the raid table (as a paragon and savagery bot..)

And it was the Troll beastlords with the gator pets that were boss.
Old 10-04-2019, 10:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palemoon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And it was the Troll beastlords with the gator pets that were boss.
Troll Beastlord was my favorite combo, even though it was janky as heck. At level 58 the pet gator was still the size of a newbie mob, so I semi-affectionately named him “Tiny”. Also the epic claw models were clearly only modeled for Vah Shir and Iksar. They clipped through the troll model something awful with both old and new character models.

For all the buggy slapped-together look, I still loved my fat green beastlord.
Old 10-05-2019, 05:44 PM
Kobold

Ogre bst with the bear pet. Was amazing. Best character I played on live. Epix were nice. Glowing claws.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:15 PM
Sarnak

Yeah Ogre with the giant bear was great.
Old 10-05-2019, 11:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixteenmiles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
nah, AA's sucked. there were so many that were just "you need to take these or you can't keep up with power creep". it wasn't ever really a choice.
Something else.. the titles. Having those ridiculous titles above peoples heads. There are no heroes in EQ [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Player: Duncecapz

Title: Master apprentice journeyman fisherman Duncecapz the Hierophant
Closed Thread