Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-16-2019, 11:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'm not easily offended and you have not offended me. i'm asking you to help.
Again-- There are many fully fleshed out third party UI options that would help to implement what it is I'd like to see in particular.

And according to several people, and a wiki post-- the truly classic marbled stone UI is actually NOT possible.

And it seems as though the "classic f10" is well on it's way to full implementation-- and that's not what I'm interested in, in the slightest--

given that what I'm after isn't even close to what is being pursued , even if I were capable of helping in that respect, what good would come of it?

I should spend my time helping finish a UI that I have no desire to see implemented?

Or should I spend my time creating elements for a "less classic, but more suited to my personal tastes" ui that will not be implemented per mandates by the people running things?
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 11:20 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 11:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Again-- There are many fully fleshed out third party UI options that would help to implement what it is I'd like to see in particular.

And according to several people, and a wiki post-- the truly classic marbled stone UI is actually NOT possible.

And it seems as though the "classic f10" is well on it's way to full implementation-- and that's not what I'm interested in, in the slightest--

given that what I'm after isn't even close to what is being pursued , even if I were capable of helping in that respect, what good would come of it?

I should spend my time helping finish a UI that I have no desire to see implemented?

Or should I spend my time creating elements for a "less classic, but more suited to my personal tastes" ui that will not be implemented per mandates by the people running things?
i'll take all that as a no. your opinion has been noted. thanks for contributing.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by deezy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i'll take all that as a no. your opinion has been noted. thanks for contributing.
You failed to actully address what I said.

Why would I contribute when what I want is off the table? Literally against the rules with measures taken to prevent it's implementation.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:20 PM
Planar Protector

So....why not use....this? https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4726

Maybe tweak it a little bit ...but....looks nice.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-16-2019, 11:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So....why not use....this? https://www.eqinterface.com/download...fo.php?id=4726

Maybe tweak it a little bit ...but....looks nice.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're wasting your time. I've brought up several times that what I'm talking about, what I would love to see, would require less effort on behalf of the devs than the current implementation has-- because these UI files already exist and have been fully fleshed out for modern resolution/client etc.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you're wasting your time. I've brought up several times that what I'm talking about, what I would love to see, would require less effort on behalf of the devs than the current implementation has-- because these UI files already exist and have been fully fleshed out for modern resolution/client etc.
How would you implement something like this that has fixed sized assets and requires the use of a specifically sized viewport? It's a UI that's built for one specific resolution, something we don't have the luxury of doing.
Last edited by dekova; 10-16-2019 at 11:28 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 11:28 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
I wouldn't take the exact UI....but it seems like a REALLY good starting point. Like trim down the sides a bit....and have bags be pop ups....

But I'm not too sure where the problem is. It seems like the art / UI elements are already ready to be used.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:29 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How would you implement something like this that has fixed sized assets and requires the use of a specifically sized viewport?
How many times must I say it? I'm not asking that they fully implement the 100% classic UI. I've acknowledged that I understand it can't be done, be it due to technical or simply manpower limitations.

What I'm saying is that by barring us from using third party UI's, they're squashing the ability to find something that bridges the gap between what we have now and what we wish we could have.

There are third party UI's; as posted by ivory just above, that add the granite-background/sandstone buttons/scroll effects to the current, free-floating ui elements. Kind of like how the bank/merchant/trade/book appears to fit the truly classic motif, int he current iteration of their "f10 classic" ui.

But we aren't allowed to use those third party alternatives. Because the devs in their wisdom have decided that even though we can't have a truly classic experience, they need to implement rules to prevent people from finding a happy medium. That it's "not classic" even though the true classic experience isn't possible.
Last edited by Xer0; 10-16-2019 at 11:31 PM..
Old 10-16-2019, 11:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I wouldn't take the exact UI....but it seems like a REALLY good starting point. Like trim down the sides a bit....and have bags be pop ups....

But I'm not too sure where the problem is. It seems like the art / UI elements are already ready to be used.
I would be psyched just to see the current free-floating UI elements with the granite background textures etc. And i'm almost certain that a UI that accomplishes this is floating round out there. But even though the classic UI isn't being pursued, finding a happy medium via third party alternatives is too not classic to be permissible.
Old 10-16-2019, 11:31 PM
Planar Protector

A dev literally explained why not on page 3

/thread
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread