Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-04-2019, 01:33 PM
Large Rat

Post A Teal of two servers

At first it seemed like a god send when the admin team said they where watching and felt way too many folks where on green and we need another server to space out the fun.

So, my wife and I headed over to Teal to avoid the crowd. But now upon looking back it seems there is still a good number of folks on Green and not so much on Teal.

We are looking for a guild and groups, like everyone else, and fear Teal just isn't the best place to find what we want. What do you all think about this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks!
Old 11-04-2019, 03:48 PM
Fire Giant

I think it'll all come out in the wash. Give it some time to equilibrate.

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:51 PM
Kobold

The poll here was like 50/50 on moving, but I don't think most people ocme here and there are still people asking "whats up with teal?" in OOC and on reddit, so I don't think the message got out to everyone equally.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Kobold

I’m personally waiting 2 weeks to see where the servers are at; I’ve got to imagine others are as well.
Old 11-04-2019, 03:57 PM
Planar Protector

Give it time. There are a lot of people on the fence, as are some guilds. Once full guilds start moving over things will pick up on Teal. Once players start to question why they can't do anything with their time, they will transfer. Once the players that left already due to frustration hear there is a new server, they will come over.

All in due time. It hasn't even been 24 hours yet and they already had a pretty good population for the classic era. Last night Teal peaked at 712 players. It'll be fine!
Old 11-04-2019, 03:58 PM
Aviak

The first few hours set the tone for the rest of the server's future and in teal's first few hours it became "the low-pop server"

It will probably remain a 75%/25% split until they merge
Old 11-04-2019, 03:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The first few hours set the tone for the rest of the server's future and in teal's first few hours it became "the low-pop server"

It will probably remain a 75%/25% split until they merge
Doubt that. But think what ya want.
Old 11-04-2019, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

It'll even out some more. I doubt teal will ever has as many as green, partly inertia will keep green bigger and partly some people prefer the busier server and partly because once the two pops are fairly close there will be nearly no benefit to switching so why bother moving to finish evening it out anyways?

But it'll maybe be more like 60/40 in another week or 10 days as the /move command window is wrapping up.
Last edited by Tecmos Deception; 11-04-2019 at 04:10 PM..
Old 11-04-2019, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

What really needs to happen is people need to stop soloing camps with their stronger than classic pets. It's a world of hurt in the 20s when pet classes are trying to use green/grey pets to get exp and no tanks are around because they refused to group with them. Kinda funny really. Now you see lvl 28 casters paying 10-20p per word hoping to research their pet. I told 1 guy i'd give him my 5 words if he gave me a rubi-bp. That didn't go over well. =)
Old 11-04-2019, 04:14 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doubt that. But think what ya want.
Time will tell. Green's population feels exactly right since teal opened. It's easy to find groups, but there are more spawns available than there used to be.

It seems this all might have been solved by simply leaving spawn times at 80% reduction instead of nerfing it to 60% then opening another server.
Closed Thread