Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2019, 04:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is this outrage? It is only in your brain.
Did you miss the first couple hours after people realized this was possible? lolololol
Old 11-05-2019, 04:57 PM
Sarnak

Yeah I missed that complaining I guess.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Assuming the servers do merge in the future:

A guild like TMO during blue's Kunark dominated the entire raid scene for months and months because they had a slew of alts for vox and naggy, a slew of tracking characters, a bunch of porters, shared accounts, etc. PP is good for recharging, consumables, tradeskills that eventually churn out necessary resist gears, etc. Gear is obviously important to have... double the tranix crowns and such are waiting to be claimed for the life of the split.

All that shit is easier to put together if you get to box on the two servers that then get merged.
Understandable but like I said earlier thats just the p99 meta theres always going to be a #1 guild on any server you go to you just have to try and out do them, I get the fact that this could be a problem but at the sametime its also not people farm items on both green and teal right? cool that means theres more of those items on the server and prices go down or stay about the same its called supply and demand. Like the pre nerf CoS people farmed a shit ton of those and the price only went up a bit like a couple k when they got nerfed just using the CoS as an example

Zekay 60 Torpor Shaman - <Guild>
Old 11-06-2019, 10:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Understandable but like I said earlier thats just the p99 meta theres always going to be a #1 guild on any server you go to you just have to try and out do them
Your argument is "shit's never going to be perfect so why worry about trying to improve it at all"?

You're exasperating.
Old 11-06-2019, 10:45 AM
Sarnak

Green and Teal are effectively one server.

Might as well allow people to box two characters on Blue too.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:14 AM
Fire Giant

Yeah should not be allowed to box green + teal.

The red argument holds no water because red is never getting merged.

I feel like the people that are so adamant about keeping it are playing both and decreasing the quality of both [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-06-2019, 11:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zekayy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Understandable but like I said earlier thats just the p99 meta theres always going to be a #1 guild on any server you go to you just have to try and out do them, I get the fact that this could be a problem but at the sametime its also not people farm items on both green and teal right? cool that means theres more of those items on the server and prices go down or stay about the same its called supply and demand. Like the pre nerf CoS people farmed a shit ton of those and the price only went up a bit like a couple k when they got nerfed just using the CoS as an example
Except you also ignore the ease with which you can get tons of plat via farming. People playing on both simultaneously means more plat farming/influx of currency into the economy which advances things further down the road to inflation and high value items costing absurd amounts of plat that really only the fat cats can afford.
Old 11-06-2019, 11:55 AM
Planar Protector

The only issue with boxing green and teal is that you can sit on the manastone list on two servers at the same time. Seems dumb.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:34 PM
Fire Giant

Agree, do not allow players to be on both servers at once.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:40 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Your argument is "shit's never going to be perfect so why worry about trying to improve it at all"?

You're exasperating.
No it was an economics argument based on supply and demand. If you want to knock out everything the number 1 guild can do that makes them better have limits on hours per day an account can be logged in for.

As for most people I'm sure they are okay with the top farmers farming 2x the tranix crowns so they can buy one versus them just having the monopoly on 1x tranix crowns. If you think farming an item like that is stopping the number 2 guild from raiding they are out of luck anyways, because the number 1 guild can easily hold down the top spawns in classic on one server.

The effect of people 2 boxing is a huge exaggeration and a non issue.
Closed Thread