Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 11:49 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Spent 14hrs at camp before calling it quits. I knew it was a long shot and honestly my class ENC will not need it once Kunark drops so it was more for they "Hey I tried back when it was a thing".

During that time I did track my AFK checks with stopwatch (nothing to do) and it would run anywhere from 6 mins to 12 min gaps.

Also some people would drop and others joined so it's not a static list. I personally like the list system since I know I won't be bullied out of my spot by some group who can perma camp the spot.

Perfect example of no list is the Shralok Pack in Kithicore Forest. I tried to go get one it's not super hard mob and I found a guy sitting on camp so I respect his there first and wait.... He killed and got the pack so I said ok cool it's my turn... Nope he refused to leave the camp and said he was after 3 more.... I said screw that man you got one I'm taking next one... GM threats was made by him and essentially I was ask to leave when 4 of his guildies showed up and said he was holding camp for them...

SOOOoooo I'm beyond glad this list system exist and a solo player like me can get a chance at these unique items.
If you were smart, you would of started clearing all the other PHers for Shralok. Every giant spider on the south wall can become Recfek Shralok. People only camp that one spawn because it doesn't roam (and its listed on the wiki as the spawn spot). If you want a more active (and much more profitable) shralok camp, then clear all the roaming spiders. Then it doesn't matter if that one static spawn is camped.
Old 11-11-2019, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

There are clearly two issues.

One the Manastone is too rare a drop from the EE compared to the bag. See literally every other classic named from vanilla that has a common/rare drop and check the drop rate on those. In every case you see the common about 60-80% of the time and the rare 20-40% of the time. The Manastone should be no different but it sounds like it is set to a 5-10% rate currently.

Second is the account sharing issue. If your IP changes inbetween logging in and out, you should be removed from the list. I’m sure there may be one or two people who go LD and have their IP cycle before they get back on who get screwed by such a change but this is a necessary evil to counter the nonsense that is present at the camp currently.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:03 PM
Kobold

And this is why the manastone was removed, too much hassle for csr
Old 11-11-2019, 12:05 PM
Sarnak

how badly do you REALLY want that manastone
Old 11-11-2019, 12:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegnorP99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Probably more than a few.
I would sincerely doubt it.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

Account sharing makes this really gross camp.

No other item in EQ is it this beneficial to simply hand out your info for 10 hrs at a time.
Old 11-11-2019, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Oh and I forgot the third issue.

The list lockout should be 6 months not 1 week. People who share accounts are going to chain farm this by taking shifts and alternating which nerd sits behind the screen.

Every person who wants more than 1 Manastone should need to level additional characters to 35 or buy them from other players. The list mechanic should be a once per character lifetime limit.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Most of the issues are resolved if you make the drop rate in line with other items, say 25%. But for some god awful reason it is very rare.
Edit: 1 every 10 hours seems way off.
Last edited by Isomorphic; 11-11-2019 at 01:54 PM..
Old 11-11-2019, 01:53 PM
Fire Giant

just put 1 manastone and guise in every chars inventory... no more neckbeards dying at their computers from not getting up for 30 hours straight
Old 11-11-2019, 02:20 PM
Banned

Guild member did 43 hours of straight afk checks to get his.
Closed Thread