Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2019, 02:55 PM
Banned

Everyone should be forced to dump their money into it too, because faith!
Old 03-28-2019, 02:57 PM
Banned

Except me, of course, because im self-proclaimed Dx so yall can hold my beer
Old 03-28-2019, 03:00 PM
Banned

Btw, this is precisely why such bullshit should not be paid for with tax dollars. Its a belief based on blind faith, aka religion.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:03 PM
Banned

Transhumanism (abbreviated as H+ or h+) is an international philosophical movement that advocates for the transformation of the human condition by developing and making widely available sophisticated technologies to greatly enhance human intellect and physiology.[1][2]

Quote:
Transhumanist thinkers study the potential benefits and dangers of emerging technologies that could overcome fundamental human limitations as well as the ethical[3] limitations of using such technologies.[4] The most common transhumanist thesis is that human beings may eventually be able to transform themselves into different beings with abilities so greatly expanded from the current condition as to merit the label of posthuman beings
It's a pretty broad category to go claiming has no merit or use. It's that kind of small minded BS post that proves we have sorted very well in meritocracy.
Old 03-28-2019, 03:06 PM
Banned

quadruple throndor tweakerpost calling my bizness "faith"

while the tweak hinges his argument on consciousness being a phenomenon that may only occur in carbon based meat
Old 03-28-2019, 03:19 PM
Banned

So youre saying that taxpayer money should be diverted to investigate your religious beliefs? Cool story bro
Old 03-28-2019, 03:24 PM
Banned

nah bro im saying we should be prepared to provide hormones and spring-loaded legs to young people

i don't want humans uploaded into machines i think that opens the way to some really horribly gross shit beyond the normie's imagination. i've read enough hentai to know better. the idea of a world where human brains can interface physically with The Net fills me with dread.
Last edited by America; 03-28-2019 at 03:30 PM..
Old 03-28-2019, 04:10 PM
Banned

About 80% of the population should be female anyway. We don't need as many laborers as we used to -- especially with appropriate technology. Females are more orderly and compliant. Men are much happier with a surplus of women and the kinds of men worth keeping around can generally handle more than one.

With enough transhumanism people could theoretically switch back and forthwith or change for the needs or their job or desires. Now it tends to be more of a one-way ticket where the best results come from those that decide as a child...far from an ideal situation.

And that's just the gender piece. The other huge area might would be mental health and cognitive abilities. Both can be greatly improved if your not all techno-phobic about this stuff.

Life greatly extended (and more youthful) and human potential can truly become unbound by some of natural barriers. It is the future as I see it.

Zuckerberg is already working on that thought reading machine of his. We are severely limited by language ATM.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:54 PM
Banned

I started running again now that the weather has turned up in the Northern climate. Quickly regained my 9m mile pace by the 2nd run. Need to work on adding distance though.

This thread appears to have gone off the rails though? Talking about only needing 20% of the population to be male...we miss you Skarlorn.
Old 03-28-2019, 05:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I started running again now that the weather has turned up in the Northern climate. Quickly regained my 9m mile pace by the 2nd run. Need to work on adding distance though.

This thread appears to have gone off the rails though? Talking about only needing 20% of the population to be male...we miss you Skarlorn.
Hahaha sometimes we get a little derailed.. Don't worry, we'll get back on track [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Just let this conversation run it's course [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Today- Back day! Gym time in 2.5 hours!!! Wooooooooooo!
Closed Thread