Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2019, 02:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pink grapefruit [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
huh. looks like i scared him off the forum for good. yet another win for pink grapefruit, the notorious PK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

this is my thread now, and i expect everyone to fall in line [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://youtu.be/6xfBw1bbV4k
Old 07-30-2019, 11:36 PM
Planar Protector

Jeff, don’t listen to these people. They’re obese
Old 07-31-2019, 12:20 AM
Planar Protector

anyone else use rpe?
Old 07-31-2019, 04:08 AM
Planar Protector

I decided to start running during my walk tonight because my usual pace wasn’t doing much for my HR, so I threw in like 5 high intensity intervals of sprinting as far as I could. It isn’t very far! Think I was only making it like 30-45 seconds, but it felt good and I wanna keep doing it / improving.

+4.5 miles for Wednesday.
Old 07-31-2019, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeff, don’t listen to these people. They’re obese
Come back Jeff! We're sorry for lashing out at you for posting celebrity gossip!
Old 08-01-2019, 07:23 AM
Fire Giant

Been getting back into a fitness routine lately, and i find myself on the yoga/stretching bandwagon. Not something i've done previously, but my flexibility is shit and I really want to improve that. After a few weeks i've really noticed not only a massive increase in flexibility, but also better muscle recovery time, breathing control, and overall mental health as well. I've recently moved and started a new job in a new country which has been very stressful, and the meditative mental qualities of Yoga have been just as beneficial as the physical.

Ive been using this guy's channel, Sean Vigue, on youtube, and highly recommend it.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCvC...d-BCfRtU2euaLg

He has 100's video's and multi day challenges that range from the beginner to the advanced. I did one of his 45 minute long power yoga sessions last night and i was sweating like I just ran 20k by the end of it. He talks a lot during the video but is also very good at guiding and explaining all the small nuances of each pose/stretch to maximize results. I've tried other channels/teachers, but this guy has been the best for me.

Anyways, figured i'd share something i've been doing lately that has been very helpful. I used to be one of the people that made fun of yoga as girlie or whatever, but now i'm a true believer. Doesn't matter what your fitness level is, everyone can benefit from stretching and controlled breathing.
Old 08-01-2019, 08:13 PM
Planar Protector

Stretching is definitely important. Not sure about it’s efficacy in entering Valhalla, however
Old 08-02-2019, 02:33 AM
Planar Protector

First attempt at running a couple days ago wrecked my adductors (inner thigh), so I’m definitely working on stretching now.

Wednesday: 4.6 miles walk w/ a few running intervals, mostly walking. ~140 HR max.
Friday: 1.2 miles walk w/ 5 running intervals. 150 HR at the end.

I’m pretty happy with what I did today. Not used to my heart beating like that. Feels pretty amazing. So I’m gonna do that 3x a week until I learn how to run a mile.

Thinking...

MWF running.
T: Yoga/Dance.
Th: Body weight exercises.

Shouldn’t be too hard to stick with.
Old 08-02-2019, 06:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stretching is definitely important. Not sure about it’s efficacy in entering Valhalla, however
I've noticed it is really rare to stretch out after exercise... Even though I'm sure this was one of the very basics taught in school!

Is it true neglecting to stretch makes the muscles grow back more swollen, giving the illusion of greater gains?
Old 08-02-2019, 06:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecily [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
First attempt at running a couple days ago wrecked my adductors (inner thigh), so I’m definitely working on stretching now.

Wednesday: 4.6 miles walk w/ a few running intervals, mostly walking. ~140 HR max.
Friday: 1.2 miles walk w/ 5 running intervals. 150 HR at the end.

I’m pretty happy with what I did today. Not used to my heart beating like that. Feels pretty amazing. So I’m gonna do that 3x a week until I learn how to run a mile.

Thinking...

MWF running.
T: Yoga/Dance.
Th: Body weight exercises.

Shouldn’t be too hard to stick with.
Wrecked how? Cramps?

Don't forget your electrolytes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've noticed it is really rare to stretch out after exercise... Even though I'm sure this was one of the very basics taught in school!

Is it true neglecting to stretch makes the muscles grow back more swollen, giving the illusion of greater gains?
I've literally never heard this. You'll get a pump whether you stretch or no lol.
Closed Thread