Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2018, 02:41 AM
Sarnak

Thumbs up

<Auld Lang Syne> completed its 30th Epic over the weekend -- Raggaluk's Innoruk's Curse! Grats brother!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ragguluk_Isdumb.jpg (97.4 KB, 17 views)
Old 07-29-2018, 03:27 PM
Sarnak

And a first in the guild! We are now only four epics short of a full set!

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Old 08-09-2018, 05:03 PM
Planar Protector

100% the most fun a returning p99 player can have! (Or new player)

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 08-09-2018, 06:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
100% the most fun a returning p99 player can have! (Or new player)
Thank you sir! Last night was a blast w/ 2x Chardok Royals
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ALS Chardok 8-9-18.jpg (103.1 KB, 8 views)
Old 08-16-2018, 02:47 AM
Sarnak

<Auld Lang Syne> doing big things these days with and without our alliance, Aegis. ALS can be found killing Bob, Velketor, tearing up HoT (4 BPs in 3 hours, what?!), and wrecking some Vindi. More to come!

Auld Lang Syne Discord - click here to join
Please read our charter and post in #new_applicants
Old 08-16-2018, 05:17 PM
Planar Protector

Now accepting all races !

We even have a gnome war (don’t worry he only dps)

-Shinko Guild Leader <Safe Space> Green
Old 08-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainik Stormseeker [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Auld Lang Syne> completed its 30th Epic over the weekend -- Raggaluk's Innoruk's Curse! Grats brother!
Needs more Kael plate. gg rag
Old 08-16-2018, 09:04 PM
Sarnak

SS plate BP first kill tonight - grats AEGIS!
Old 08-22-2018, 09:14 PM
Sarnak

I understand what you guys are attempting to go for here.

But I'd like to explain an encounter i've had with one of your guild members. And why I find walking the great "Forgotten road" to grant some people entitlement.

I met one of your guild members in a low level camping area. He's been camping there for probably 4 days non stop. 30 - 40 hours by now maybe more. I told him, "you know if you we're to have leveled during the time you've been camping this mob (level 20), you could've easily earned enough money to just purchase the item.

He replied back in a very entitled and arrogant tone, that he had 15k on one of his other characters and could purchase it easily. But because of YOUR guild's rules hes chosen to camp this mob for an endless amount of time instead.

Hey im all for the "idea" behind it. But first off, he was not friendly about it at all. Secondly, hes camping a very low level mob, for semi-decent loot, for an item, that he could obtain without question by purchase. This camp is now locked down and completely controlled by him for days. A camp that someone who actually can't afford to go to EC and purchase the item, has to wait for him to find some time to sleep (which I dont think he has). This camp has been completely off limits because one of your guild members without a doubt feels a sense of entitlement about accomplishing whatever it is he thinks hes accomplishing. Its not fair to those who CANT afford to just go buy the loot. I told him this, I told him it sounded ridiculous, and then he continued to act pretty childish about it.
THirdly, whats the difference here? Earning money on a new character should grant that character should grant that character the opportunity to purchase something that will essentially aid them in their everquest experience. But from what I understand your guild rules forbid purchasing anything of value like that? I Dont get it...

Anyways, I just find the whole thing a kind of irony I suppose. I just dont get it. And, i obviously wont be joining your guild...

Thanks
Newt.
Old 08-22-2018, 11:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I understand what you guys are attempting to go for here.

But I'd like to explain an encounter i've had with one of your guild members. And why I find walking the great "Forgotten road" to grant some people entitlement.

I met one of your guild members in a low level camping area. He's been camping there for probably 4 days non stop. 30 - 40 hours by now maybe more. I told him, "you know if you we're to have leveled during the time you've been camping this mob (level 20), you could've easily earned enough money to just purchase the item.
The beauty about this game, is that you can progress through it however you like as long as you're not breaking the PnP. That he/she chose to make his gaming experience even more challenging (joining ALS) warms my heart.

By the way - what cherished camp are you speaking of?

Quote:
He replied back in a very entitled and arrogant tone, that he had 15k on one of his other characters and could purchase it easily. But because of YOUR guild's rules hes chosen to camp this mob for an endless amount of time instead.
Screenshots?

Quote:
Hey im all for the "idea" behind it. But first off, he was not friendly about it at all. Secondly, hes camping a very low level mob, for semi-decent loot, for an item, that he could obtain without question by purchase. This camp is now locked down and completely controlled by him for days. A camp that someone who actually can't afford to go to EC and purchase the item, has to wait for him to find some time to sleep (which I dont think he has). This camp has been completely off limits because one of your guild members without a doubt feels a sense of entitlement about accomplishing whatever it is he thinks hes accomplishing. Its not fair to those who CANT afford to just go buy the loot. I told him this, I told him it sounded ridiculous, and then he continued to act pretty childish about it.
I'd argue that, in the time it took you to post in this thread, and however much time you spent debating our member, you could have bought it in the tunnel.

Quote:
THirdly, whats the difference here? Earning money on a new character should grant that character should grant that character the opportunity to purchase something that will essentially aid them in their everquest experience. But from what I understand your guild rules forbid purchasing anything of value like that? I Dont get it...
Surely you don't understand mudflation. Perhaps you haven't read our charter or understand our mission statement. You're more than welcome to check it all out in our discord server.

Quote:
Anyways, I just find the whole thing a kind of irony I suppose. I just dont get it. And, i obviously wont be joining your guild...

Thanks
Newt.
No worries. What I don't understand, is why you didn't bring their alleged behavior to an officer's attention? There's nothing in our charter forbidding the very common practice of camping loot. If they were breaking the PnP, please PM me some screenshots and he/she will be dealt with.
Closed Thread