Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2018, 10:16 PM
Fire Giant

Default Newish player. Should I play Iksar Warrior? Or go hybrid?

Im returning after a long hiatus, basically fresh. I'd love to play an iksar warrior, it was my main back in the day, and I had some fun. I also tried a little ranger and SK, and although they both have more utility and spells, and stuff to click on, iksar warrior was always my go to.

I dont want to be bored is all.

I also want to be able to level alright at low levels, and that may seem difficult with the gear dependency of wars. Ill be starting from scratch.

Will there be groups for me at low levels?

is Ranger more viable? SK? for grouping? for overall fun?

Any advice for me?
Old 08-02-2018, 10:54 PM
Planar Protector

If you start as iksar, you can pretty easily find groups in FoB and Kurns tower until high teens. As far as what is fun, that's something that's up to you. You're right that warrior has less stuff to click on though. It depends on how active a playstyle you want.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:18 AM
Aviak

Sounds like Iksar War is the toon you want to play, so go for it. Warrior is the most gear dependent class, so it will be the hardest route, but some people like a challenge.

I've met plenty of players whose only alt is an ecom mule--they stick with one character and play the hell out of it. I'm an alt-whore, so my path was to start with some casters to outfit my melee characters, which made the melee characters a lot more fun (and fast) for me to play later on. I don't have any regrets, but a melee character has never been my "main" character, so I didn't have a tough decision about having to roll it first.

I'd suggest starting with the Iksar warrior, and if you are enjoying it, stick with it. If you're struggling, you can always roll another character and see how it goes, with or without the intent of gearing your warrior later on.
Old 08-03-2018, 01:35 AM
Fire Giant

Is there a good guild to join??? for newbies??
Old 08-03-2018, 04:24 AM
Fire Giant

I made an iksar warrior with a small budget up to 29, at which point I got lucky and ended up with an iksar BP, good weapon, etc.

It still was many, many times worse quality of life than shaman or hybrid, and I eventually ditched him. You can do it if you want, but keep in mind you'll be 100% group dependent, so you better make lots of friends if you want to do anything.
Old 08-03-2018, 04:48 AM
Planar Protector

Would definitely recommend (or re-recommend) an iksar warrior as the racial choice <3
Old 08-03-2018, 05:05 AM
Orc

I started an Iksar War as my first chat on this server, completely un twinkled. Probably the most fun I've had with any char, other than my current rogue.

You should go for it, it's not too bad, and if you get sick of it, like others have said, you can always try a different char.
Old 08-03-2018, 05:45 AM
Planar Protector

I once met an ogre warrior in the WW giant fort, killing giants, untwinked, sitting manually letting his health regen for about 10 minutes at a time, then killing another one.

Legend says he's still out there...
Old 08-03-2018, 06:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once met an ogre warrior in the WW giant fort, killing giants, untwinked, sitting manually letting his health regen for about 10 minutes at a time, then killing another one.

Legend says he's still out there...
With Iksar regen, he could get it down to like 9:30.
Old 08-03-2018, 06:15 AM
Planar Protector

Just keep saying "frontal stun immunity" and rocking back and forth while your health crawls up ^^