Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2018, 06:27 AM
Planar Protector

Low level groups generally just want warm bodies more than anything. It isn't until 50+ people start to get picky.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just keep saying "frontal stun immunity" and rocking back and forth while your health crawls up ^^
Or say it while begging for a port for CR.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:17 AM
Aviak

Warrior will be difficult in the short run, but more rewarding in the long run.

Shadowknights and Paladins have more innate snap agro, making them great grouping tanks, whereas Warriors naturally rely more on their proccing weapons and damage, so if you're starting with one as you're first toon with no gear... You'll have a harder time holding hate. You'll still get groups though, low and mid level groups don't tend to be very picky.

That being said when you get into the high levels and especially into raiding, warriors are in much higher demand since they are able to take the hits better with their disciplines and higher defense. If you're planning on doing endgame content, you'll get more out of the warrior in the long run.
Yizau Scalebait <TSS> - 51 Monk
Old 08-03-2018, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

Iksar berserker club nice weapon in kurns tower for a self gearing warrior. Also, field of bone is only one zone away from EC (Druids and wizards can port to the neighbouring Emerald Jungle to collect you).

Spidering silks and bone chips are a good source of cash from players.

50pp will find you a 1:2 1 hander (fist of Zek) or a 3:4 2 hander (Sarnak Battle hammer).

Everything else save for haste (1.3k) and hp/AC rings (500+pp for a pair).

For armour the ruined scale / burynai hide you find in kurns is ample.

Next weapons should be WESS (if you save the plat) or a scimitar of Ykesha and trochilic's skean (/who all Kithicor and steamfont -look for high levels there as an indicator of these rotting).

At 46 tag along a sky raid (see schedule on wiki) for a belt of contention (fairly nice mid level haste belt).

Jar Sarth armour is another reasonable rot (karnors castle). From 46 the iksar warrior hate armour and growth armor are even better (also reasonably available on rot status).

Get an infestation and/or Frostbringer when you can. Dragon heads sometimes rot in Western Wastes if you can get giant faction give nice rewards).

Once you meet those last two paragraphs your equipment is basically set til 60!
Old 08-03-2018, 05:41 PM
Fire Giant

I leveled my first char an iksar warrior to 60, took over a year to reach 60, sole focus.
I had to farm in a few different ways to supply my gear, which took time away from leveling.
Proud of my ikky,
Kittens Who Say Meow / Asgard / The Mystical Order / Forsaken / Aftermath
Sacrifice*P99G*
[] Tunare 2000+ Kabijito [] FippyDarkpaw TLP Radda []
Old 08-03-2018, 07:47 PM
Planar Protector

Only play an iksar if you dont Intend to hold a 2handed weapon at any point in your career
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-03-2018, 07:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Only play an iksar if you dont Intend to hold a 2handed weapon at any point in your career
It's not that bad! ...okay, it's pretty bad lol
Old 08-03-2018, 10:08 PM
Fire Giant

Thanks for all the information. Im still having trouble deciding between ikky war and ranger.

But I think for nostalgia sake im going with ikky war. or maybe SK? bah!!! what do i do??!!! Anyways..

Ill make sure I take your suggestions seriously. and what was that about 2 handers? iksars cant use 2handers?
Old 08-03-2018, 10:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iksar_with_a_plan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for all the information. Im still having trouble deciding between ikky war and ranger.

But I think for nostalgia sake im going with ikky war. or maybe SK? bah!!! what do i do??!!! Anyways..

Ill make sure I take your suggestions seriously. and what was that about 2 handers? iksars cant use 2handers?
I think a lot of people don't like the swing animation or something for iksar 2HS.
Old 08-03-2018, 10:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tethler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think a lot of people don't like the swing animation or something for iksar 2HS.
It's hard to ignore lol