Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 04:22 PM
Fire Giant

Default Did most servers wake the sleeper immediately?

I have been thinking a lot lately about the difference between p1999 and live. I got to thinking about the sleeper, and wondered how it is anyone knew to leave at least one of the warders alive to produce a constant recycle. Was this information distributed prior to Velious release, or did the average server wake him, only to save the last few servers to know better?
Old 09-16-2018, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

I don't think anyone knew what would happen at first, but since it was such a huge event everyone knew afterward (I was a forum junkie back then so even I knew ... despite the fact that I wasn't even raiding yet).

After that it still wasn't like all or even most servers woke the Sleeper right away, each did it on their own time ... which is how that one server (Rallos Zek maybe?) managed to kill The Sleeper. They were a PvP server and because of the fighting they didn't manage to wake him until several expansions later, and at that point their gear was so out of balance power-wise compared to Velious content that they were able to beat a (supposedly) unbeatable mob.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 09-16-2018 at 04:48 PM..
Old 09-16-2018, 04:51 PM
Kobold

The warders were difficult, having no wiki to fall back on with 20 years of walkthrough knowledge (and lesser geared players that didn't gorge themselves on 6 years of kunark), so it took Brotherhood of the Spider 2-3 months to kill Ventani. After that, it was shared amongst guilds via the BotS web page (and the Sony forums).

After that, Sleeper was awoken on other servers more as a way for top guilds to cut ties and move on to superior Luclin content.
Old 09-16-2018, 05:08 PM
Planar Protector

@OP a lot of staff on live back in the day gave out tips/info on zones. For example Plane of Sky had staff walking raid guilds through it for the first time to make sure it worked and people understood how it worked.
---
REEEEEEE
Not Classic
Reset the sleeper
fuck rampage
reeeee
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 09-16-2018 at 05:11 PM..
Old 09-17-2018, 06:21 AM
Planar Protector

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PFTmP-Tmuuw

sorry not sorry
Old 09-17-2018, 03:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope that's a rickroll. confirm?
Old 09-17-2018, 03:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hope that's a rickroll. confirm?
Legit kerafym video. Not rolled.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:08 PM
Planar Protector

azeth do you have the gif of the scepter of destruction with the people in the two vehicles.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 09-17-2018, 04:14 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have been thinking a lot lately about the difference between p1999 and live. I got to thinking about the sleeper, and wondered how it is anyone knew to leave at least one of the warders alive to produce a constant recycle. Was this information distributed prior to Velious release, or did the average server wake him, only to save the last few servers to know better?
Nothing was known before Velious. Once a guild killed all four sleepers, the cat was out of the bag. I would bet most servers followed the same route as Luclin's: Top guild keeps ST key dragons on lockdown, wake sleeper up when another guild gets close to having a ST raid force. Primal drop rate goes to the toilet once wardens are gone, something like 12-16 per raid down to 4-5 per raid. Also, no more toys. Obligatory Conquest video.
Last edited by Crawdad; 09-17-2018 at 04:19 PM..
Old 09-17-2018, 07:07 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think anyone knew what would happen at first, but since it was such a huge event everyone knew afterward (I was a forum junkie back then so even I knew ... despite the fact that I wasn't even raiding yet).

After that it still wasn't like all or even most servers woke the Sleeper right away, each did it on their own time ... which is how that one server (Rallos Zek maybe?) managed to kill The Sleeper. They were a PvP server and because of the fighting they didn't manage to wake him until several expansions later, and at that point their gear was so out of balance power-wise compared to Velious content that they were able to beat a (supposedly) unbeatable mob.
Through the text in sleepers tomb people knew 100% what would happen. I know our servers top guild farmed them til their core was satisfied then woke the sleeper. And my server was the first ever server to wake it on the Rathe.
Closed Thread