Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 10:08 AM
Sarnak

Question Intro to raid pulling?

So a couple hours ago, my MNK dinged 55, making him eligible to be part of my guild’s pull team. My only toon I’ve ever raided with is my CLR, so I have 0 raid pulling experience. Is there an introductory guide to raid pulling anywhere, like on Monkly Business, or is this something I have to learn from experience?

I’m fairly well lost here. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 08-18-2018, 11:25 AM
Fire Giant

Well, mostly it's like normal pulling. You clear the camp, or the path to the target. And pull him in.
This all depends on what target your after of course. A lot of targets are pulled via train ups/down. Which is the practice of tagging the target, or a mob nearby to get fte, and training it through a cross roads where another puller can peel the target out of the train and take it to camp. Once in camp, everyone involved FD's/zones and the train resets. With a single mob now in camp.
There is more to it depending where you are. But that is the basic idea. Only way to really learn is to get out there and do it though. Just follow your guilds pullers and watch what they do.
Old 08-18-2018, 11:49 AM
Planar Protector

The specifics of raid rules in different zones are all spread out in 10 years of forum posts by GMs so its best to consult with an expert rather than mistakenly break a rule that you didn't know existed.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:16 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFishyOne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So a couple hours ago, my MNK dinged 55, making him eligible to be part of my guild’s pull team. My only toon I’ve ever raided with is my CLR, so I have 0 raid pulling experience. Is there an introductory guide to raid pulling anywhere, like on Monkly Business, or is this something I have to learn from experience?

I’m fairly well lost here. Any help would be much appreciated!
Invest in 5-10 root nets and a https://wiki.project1999.com/Braided...of_the_Coldain

Just learn from watching and asking questions of more experienced members of your team.
Old 08-18-2018, 05:54 PM
Planar Protector

Study the literature. P99 has a robust spiderweb of archaic and subject to change on a whim rulings which you are absolutely required to be aware of at all times. All of these rules have been recorded for your convenience here.
Closed Thread