Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Old 12-31-2022, 02:05 PM
Fire Giant

I solod both to 60, with a similar gear setup to what you mention here. I’d say it was pretty similar in terms of speed, though less scary on a Paladin, and with more options for where I could solo. My warrior kinda just had to solo like KC entrance to 60. Gnome Warrior with haste arms though is so nice and you’ll kill like 3x faster than the Paladin. It basically boils down to kill time versus downtime. One kills faster, but needs way more time to recover.
Last edited by Trelaboon; 12-31-2022 at 02:12 PM..
Old 12-31-2022, 09:17 PM
Planar Protector

these days kill speed on a warrior isnt much better than a pally w/o the self-recovery.

Sure back in the day if using like a tank 1h or something but a Reaver with the new 2h and knight tables it's pretty easy.
Old 01-02-2023, 10:34 AM
Planar Protector

If you have a truncheon at 50, it really opens up the duo possibilities as a war beyond shaman.

But they're still never going to be as capable as a paladin for solo.
Old 01-02-2023, 11:28 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
these days kill speed on a warrior isnt much better than a pally w/o the self-recovery.

Sure back in the day if using like a tank 1h or something but a Reaver with the new 2h and knight tables it's pretty easy.
On a Gnome with 40% haste arms it’s way faster.
Old 01-02-2023, 03:06 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trelaboon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On a Gnome with 40% haste arms it’s way faster.
Eh I mean at some point when the fungi doesnt really help its a game of splitting and HP recovery. A pally with a 2h doesnt do like 50% the damage of a warrior.

So kill speed with a warrior and 2h is a bit quicker. It's all the rest of the equation though that makes life suck. Getting an add and hauling to the zone since root nets are nerfed, etc.

I leveled a twinked gnome to 56 and pally to 60. The pally had nothing but a DW helm and got the reaver at 45. It was extremely easy in comparison.
Old 01-02-2023, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Where were you fighting the warrior? There are spots that are ‘easy’ for them, even if slow due to reliance on bottom feeding.

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXX Dung

Old 01-04-2023, 12:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eh I mean at some point when the fungi doesnt really help its a game of splitting and HP recovery. A pally with a 2h doesnt do like 50% the damage of a warrior.

So kill speed with a warrior and 2h is a bit quicker. It's all the rest of the equation though that makes life suck. Getting an add and hauling to the zone since root nets are nerfed, etc.

I leveled a twinked gnome to 56 and pally to 60. The pally had nothing but a DW helm and got the reaver at 45. It was extremely easy in comparison.
I personally found the Warrior way faster and the downtime not that much different, even with low dps weapons like the points. I was using Fungi, Truncheon of Doom and Blood Points and would have to stop to heal up every few kills or so. Bandages made getting back in the fight quick and easy though. Paladin had similar gear, but was using epic. Paladin felt almost impossible to die on, but kill times were such a slog.