Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Old 01-22-2023, 05:44 PM
Planar Protector

I’m not sure of diety combos but my bertox gnome was non KOS in the outpost so I quested the OT mallet.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:40 AM
Planar Protector

Since mages should only be leveled to 55 and parked as coth bots, the only answer is Gnome.

Hope this helps.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I’m not sure of diety combos but my bertox gnome was non KOS in the outpost so I quested the OT mallet.
Ooo I wonder if my Bertoxx Human SK would be cool with the Outpost...I'm about the level to do the tail quest I think
Old 01-23-2023, 12:02 PM
Fire Giant

Stats are meaningless to mages.
Pick what you think looks cool or just pick gnome for best racial ability for mages.
Old 01-23-2023, 01:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Since mages should only be leveled to 55 and parked as coth bots, the only answer is Gnome.

Hope this helps.
If you actively raid one being able to log back in w/o needing shrink also means you won’t instantly die in some situations.
Old 01-23-2023, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Brell to not start KoS in the hole.

STR because some of the most easily obtainable ToV gear weighs a ton, and it doesn't matter how many weight redux bags you summon since those don't affect the gear you're wearing.
I don't see why this is really a problem, what else is heavy? The box is skippable, and you can only wear one silver chains. Linksfather has essentially BIS gear in every slot and the weight is 24 stones with 169 str unbuffed. Why would someone waste dkp on a heavy item they're just gonna upgrade anyways? People should be saving for HP and mana regen items, manna robe or +100 hp/mana stuff.

https://wiki.project1999.com/index.p...ntro=&section=

I like your interesting take and I could see the str being useful, however for most players this isn't great advice. There are much better options for those slots for interim gear that would be cheaper and easier to acquire. A mix of int/sta is going to serve 90% of folks much more than 25 str over the life time of their characters. If you're looking min/max with Velious raiding in mind than 25sta/5int or str is much better. It's much harder to cap sta and str is on everything.

Here's my average raider gear notice it weighs 10 stones and I have 140 str unbuffed. It's a little out of date but you can see nobody needs to buy the gear you linked it just isn't necessary, besides the silver chains which personally I would just skip because of the weight anyways even though it is pretty amazing.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Magelo_Green:Kurrat

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-23-2023, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatChapp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Stats are meaningless to mages.
Pick what you think looks cool or just pick gnome for best racial ability for mages.
This is absolutely true once you reach a certain threshold, and the only thing that matters is regen. Gnome is obviously best racial

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-23-2023, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you actively raid one being able to log back in w/o needing shrink also means you won’t instantly die in some situations.
This is useful, and for bots obviously always pick gnome, if you're playing this character for real on raids, the race doesn't matter and the epic looks tiny on gnomes!

[ Kurrat - Arch Mage ]
[ Kurrate - Crusader ]
<Legacy of Fire>

Old 01-28-2023, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Encroaching Death [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ooo I wonder if my Bertoxx Human SK would be cool with the Outpost...I'm about the level to do the tail quest I think
Agnostic humans/gnomes are even fine, bertox humans are fine too.
Old 01-28-2023, 04:47 PM
Planar Protector

Eyepatch human is always the answer I’d go all str and the rest into int.