Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs

Old 01-29-2023, 10:44 AM
Sarnak

Default Rampage appears to effect ALL melee in range clasically

Source: Safehouse EZboards (Kendrick, DEV and VIP contributor)
Date: March 23, 2001

"Once again:

Enrage: ~18 seconds of auto-riposte, happens when an NPC gets low on hitpoints.

Rampage: An area melee attack on EVERYONE within a certain range of the NPC. Can happen anytime a Rampage capable NPC begins a combat round. Probability of this occuring varies from NPC to NPC.

Flurry: EIGHT attacks on a single target in one round. Can happen anytime a Flurry capable NPC begins a combat round. Probability of this occuring varies from NPC to NPC."

Direct link:
https://web.archive.org/web/20010628...cID=6456.topic

Indirect link:
https://web.archive.org/web/*/http:/...s.showMessage*
Set filter for text/html then scroll down to the post ending in "?topicID=6456.topic"

Picture below:
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-29-2023, 12:17 PM
Planar Protector

recommend more evidence than just a single post. If there is an out of era post on patch notes referencing 'changes to Rampage' that would certainly help your case.

Edit: Did some lazy research, but everything i'm seeing shows it is a one person attack to the top of the rampage list. Some folks didn't understand rampage in velious and vindi would plow through folks so quick there would be a ton of rampage hits on different folks causing confusion.

There was later out of era an AE rampage attack but it had a message called 'soandso goes on a WILD RAMPAGE' or something like that.

I've never done testing on rampage in P99, but should have a radius that can be mob specific, if RT gets out of range should go to next on list, but if old RT gets closer he remains. Allegedly in era some mobs had rampage range across the zone and did not obey line of sight rules. Only thing that should clear the list is a memwipe.

Out of era posts stated that rampage was a proc that is DEX based on the mob, allegedly debuffing DEX would reduce ramp procs. Not sure if this is true on P99 or if ramp is just timer based.
Last edited by Rygar; 01-29-2023 at 12:34 PM..
Old 01-29-2023, 12:52 PM
Sarnak

I'm just putting it on the radar. This is going to be a very large thread and take some effort. I believe ramp range was actually much much smaller than on p99. I believe normal melee range should dodge it.

As for the source, Kendrick posted so many mechanics for the community at safehouse, and he posted it like he has done this 100 times before. I managed to find a way to access the OG safehouse boards manually and pull some of the information, I'm not claiming this is ready for implementation. Just that a very credible source posted it and I wanted it put on the radar and not be lost. The reality is other researchers are better at this than I am.

Thank you for the advice, I will see what I can find once I'm done crawling the SF boards.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:56 PM
Planar Protector

I think this dev is confusing mob rampage with the soon to be unveiled warrior AA rampage, which did hit every enemy in melee range (see shakerpaging).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 02-02-2023, 07:30 AM
Aviak

Rampage = chance to proc single target attack on the first person added to the npc hatelist that’s not on the top of hatelist. Can step out of ramp range and bump it down to next in line but will get it back if you return inside ramp range. Death, fd and memblur clears it.

AE ramp = chance to proc an attack on all targets in range that’s not on top of hatelist

Fake ramp = throws out ramp messages like normal but no extra attacks

Flurry = chance to proc an extra round of attacks on the person on top of hatelist

Dex based yes, that was the main benifit of casting cripple on there mobs