Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 11-12-2020, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rallos Zek item loot - launch at absolute Classic, patching through. Kunark in a year. Velious a year after that. Relaunch box. Ad infinitum.
Yeah its pretty straight forward. You will have a essential winners in each era as people max out and tire out, but then it restarts. We would already be on velious 2.0 or kunark 3.0 by now if we were cycling. I'm fine with old red being the recycle dumpster if you really want to keep peoples characters alive forever.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:22 PM
Planar Protector

Or this is crazy: Have 3 databases and let us /charactermove to kunark and from kunark to velious if we want. Let people pick what erra the game ends.
Old 11-12-2020, 12:26 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah its pretty straight forward. You will have a essential winners in each era as people max out and tire out, but then it restarts. We would already be on velious 2.0 or kunark 3.0 by now if we were cycling. I'm fine with old red being the recycle dumpster if you really want to keep peoples characters alive forever.
Totally agree. Some people would have time to power through all three years each cycle. But most of us would duck in and out.

The only real problem is Velious -- it's too hard to "catch up" if you're starting late or behind. But there aren't any good solutions that I've seen.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:01 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by crossplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Totally agree. Some people would have time to power through all three years each cycle. But most of us would duck in and out.

The only real problem is Velious -- it's too hard to "catch up" if you're starting late or behind. But there aren't any good solutions that I've seen.
Just race to wake the sleeper. Once sleeper is awakened, server merges into the old red server and a new one starts. Use the original red server as a character graveyard. 1 year each expansion.
Old 11-12-2020, 01:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

velious problem is solved by only being 1 year before dumping into the archival server.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
velious problem is solved by only being 1 year before dumping into the archival server.
Yeah i'm starting to dig this, would encourage people to load up their benched velious characters and fight at the games prime aswell. And let the archival box build some momentum, while newbies jumped in during season 1 and 2 of the other box.

I'm really digging it.

We all know it could go on like 10 seasons easily before the world ends [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2020, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Exactly. Eventually the archival server would have tons of max level people that don't want to go through the paces AGAIN and also enjoy having lots of level 60's do do stuff with? Or to battle...or who knows. At the very least, pvp tournaments for pride when many opponents have hi tier gear.

3 year cycles. Fine n dandy. At most, we are ready for red 99 number 2 when green server rolls out velious (since people JUST finished vanilla)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 11-13-2020, 02:54 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Exactly. Eventually the archival server would have tons of max level people that don't want to go through the paces AGAIN and also enjoy having lots of level 60's do do stuff with? Or to battle...or who knows. At the very least, pvp tournaments for pride when many opponents have hi tier gear.

3 year cycles. Fine n dandy. At most, we are ready for red 99 number 2 when green server rolls out velious (since people JUST finished vanilla)
I check this forum every day looking for announcements.. But this is a great idea. They don’t want another server that will turn out the same way. So 3 year seasons, and then retire to the original server sounds $$$ to me.
Old 11-13-2020, 04:09 AM
Banned

you gained experience~!!
Old 11-14-2020, 11:27 AM
Planar Protector

Red 1 is good but it should be the toon archival server so we can fight anew and make new friends and enemies.