Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Old 01-06-2023, 02:57 PM
Fire Giant

Question Rogue FashionQuest leveling suggestions

My rogue's been acting as my tunnel mule for a few years now, but I'm bored and leveling her out of the mid-20s sounds entertaining. Fungi/haste/expensive weapons are fun but I want to level this character while looking good. Female barbarian with a DE mask, I'll snag Erudite and Iksar sometime soonish. Current setup is Tizmak gear+plate helm+wakizashis, fine for tunnelquesting but looking for something a bit more doable than basically rustys and patchwork.

Looking mostly for:
Cool lookin weapons
Different/Velious textures
Rogue clickers
Fun procs that get ignored
Some different outfits to go along with illusion masks

Any camps where I can park the rogue to loot No Drop stuff works too, so long as I can kill it with a 57 necro or 56 druid. Not sure if Fehdars or elsewhere has rogue-esque stuff.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:21 AM
Fire Giant

Personally on my blue rogue, I'm a huge fan of full haze panther gear with a non-graphic helm. Beautiful dark blue set with very high strength, looks very nice in dark elf illusion, base dwarf, and iksar imo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-07-2023, 01:25 AM
Fire Giant

As far as fun procs; Locustlure, Anklesmasher, Obtenebrate Short Sword, Blood Point, Embalmer's Skinning Knife. Mrylokar's Vambraces are also a solid clicky, with haze panther gear, some strength offpieces, and the clicky arms, it's really easy to hit 255 strength self buffed which is fun if you're not big on raiding.
Old 01-07-2023, 01:13 PM
Banned

IMO, a full set of Woven Shadow Armor is ultimate Rogue fashionquest.
Old 01-07-2023, 09:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karanis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As far as fun procs; Locustlure, Anklesmasher, Obtenebrate Short Sword, Blood Point, Embalmer's Skinning Knife. Mrylokar's Vambraces are also a solid clicky, with haze panther gear, some strength offpieces, and the clicky arms, it's really easy to hit 255 strength self buffed which is fun if you're not big on raiding.
Thing legitimately saved a full group wipe once. Enchanter died trying to mez train in LCY. Priest went oom rooting the adds, then died. Rogue swapped in locustlure, proc'd early and often enough on each target that early root breaks were manageable. Only their rogue and my tank survived, but still felt like a small victory when the alternative was running to the zoneline and losing camp.
Old 01-08-2023, 03:50 PM
Sarnak

So my Dwarf rogue looks pretty legit with Dark Scale Legs and Arms, Tribal war boots match the Crystal Chitin Gloves and no helm graphic from Dragon Tooth Choker. He is wearing a Phase Spider Carapace but eventually I want that to either be swapped out with the PoN chest (Assassin’s I think) or Woven Shadow. If you of the level and have the help, I would recommend getting the High Elf mask for ultimate fashion.
Old 01-11-2023, 03:56 PM
Planar Protector

Full set of Ravenscale.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Default Woven Shadow Minus Arms

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Cecily; 01-11-2023 at 04:27 PM.. Reason: Kinda miss the bugged transparency.
Old 01-12-2023, 06:33 AM
Planar Protector

Crystalline Silk Armor

Visible slots give a whole 27AC, 17SV Magic more than it looks like you have!

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 01-12-2023, 07:35 AM
Fire Giant

Level your necro.

Farm DKP in vanquish or riot.

Buy Phara Dar robe, ST key, primal 1h piercer, priceless offhand and primal bow, 10th ring, KT crown, flayed barb mask, yeli neck, and a horn of hsagra for level 5 rogue. Buy AoW legs for a level 1 monk you make, deguild and sell them to buy urn and sinew MQ for rog for spirit wracked cords, buy a stormfeather/lodi loot right, buy everything needed for all 5 PoM flowers, save 40k for an epic MQ at 46, grab a fungi.

Go stab things with your geared high resist, lots of clickies, 2/3 AoB, properly hasted rogue bot with self regen.