Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 01-18-2023, 01:59 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea semi-evil combos (Human and Eru, Inny/CT) as quite a bit more zone mobile than you would assume. KoS in Oggok and Grobb unlike DE but not in a lot of good towns. I’d get used to conning as you go though.
The best is neutral race / good class / evil deity (basically human / gnome / erudite evil clerics). My Human Inny Cleric is tolerated / non-KoS just about everywhere.
Old 01-18-2023, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While not confirming how the SK will fair I'd wager its probably similar, hopefully just the tip into "threateningly".
It will be about the same. I vaguely recall giving the Paineel guards a wide berth when I went to the Hole during P99's Kunark era--I waited 'till the Warrens came out so I could raise both Paineel and Erudin. The mild annoyance with Paineel is you don't simply need dubious. You need to get to, I think, amiably or so before the guards will give you a key to access the city proper.

Danth
Old 01-18-2023, 09:52 AM
Planar Protector

Right it's amiably for getting "keyz" from the guards, I wonder if app or dubious would let me use a trainer and buy new spells? quite the slog back to Qeynos otherwise.
Old 01-18-2023, 10:24 AM
Planar Protector

You'd want apprehensive for merchants and such. Seems like a hassle trying to get in and out of town without a key, though. Can't always count on someone else hanging out to operate the locked part. Longer term, it's a worthwhile faction to improve since it's nice having a base near the Hole at higher levels, and a key for that zone as well.

Given how overweight the loot from the Warrens tends to be, hopefully you have someone else to hand stuff off to in the meantime. I don't recollect whether there are any neutral-faction merchants in the general vicinity of that area. Getting through Erudin might be a hassle if you aren't getting a port. They won't like a Bloodsaber there, by default, and a shadowknight won't have too many options for invisibility at low levels.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:43 AM
Planar Protector

I'll have to check if there is another way to get out into Toxxulia then, otherwise either ports or wait till 20 when my ghetto CoS becomes clickable. I've been honestly surprised how many places my necro has been able to freely walk around in.

Not sure if there is an npc at the druid rings in Toxx but those are usually beta neutral right? it's the other druid npcs in places like NK/WC that I'd need to avoid.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:57 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tann [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if there is an npc at the druid rings in Toxx but those are usually beta neutral right? it's the other druid npcs in places like NK/WC that I'd need to avoid.
Toxx rings are safe.
Old 01-18-2023, 11:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
I've been honestly surprised how many places my necro has been able to freely walk around in.
It gets better at 34 with Call of Bones skeleton illusion.

Well, if your race is a factor, anyway.
Old 01-18-2023, 12:36 PM
Planar Protector

dragged my necro over to Toxx (again), dubious to the Erudin Sentinels! means I can safely take the boat from Qeynos to Erudin presumably.
Old 01-18-2023, 03:27 PM
Planar Protector

U basically can't go to oggok or grobb.
Old 01-18-2023, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Starman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The best is neutral race / good class / evil deity (basically human / gnome / erudite evil clerics). My Human Inny Cleric is tolerated / non-KoS just about everywhere.
Yep, my Inny cleric was surprisingly easy to navigate. He’s kos in some spots like Kaladim and Grobb/Oggok but barely.