Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-08-2014, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
also lol'd, brilliant. what other goodies you got? me hungry.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:36 PM
Planar Protector

I've lost 15 pounds over the road so far. Mostly from being cheap. Also my body rejects half the truck stop food and I simply cannot eat it.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:45 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqgmrdbz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I kinda follow this approach, i eat the amount i work, if it has been a busy day i eat alot, if im just sitting around i eat very little. If you have developed a routine of eating all the time, it doesnt mean you have to keep eating like that, just eat less. I usually eat one big meal a day, and the rest of the day is bites here and there, and i try to control my cravings by having bites of stuff that i suddenly yearn for. I am hovering around my average weight for my height, and i never feel hungry.
Yeah, I just switched jobs and my last one was very physically intensive and I got older so my metabolism slowed down. I never was able to gain weight even if I tried but when I saw I hit 240 I knew it was time to do something about it. I'm 6'2 and 210 now just from counting calories. I realized the key was that if I wasn't going to cut enough on a certain day that I had to at least maintain and not gain.

I also eat a lot more fat free and low fat because I don't really notice the difference. My big problem was I wouldn't eat all day and then I would gorge at night and just go to bed. A lot of people eat until they are overly full and you can stop before that point. I noticed that if you stop eating for a few minutes the fullness will set in after a few minutes.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:28 PM
Planar Protector

Old 09-08-2014, 03:30 PM
Planar Protector

Meth is the best weight loss drug FYI
Old 09-08-2014, 03:56 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portasaurus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
hahahaha

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnOldEnemy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Eating healthy costs so much more and that is plain ridiculous.

What do you normally eat, and what is 'eating healthy' to you?

I wonder if being costed out of healthy eating is a regional thing. Where I am you can get a bunch of bananas for the same price as a standard chocolate bar; this kind of thing makes it easy to choose fruit as a snack!

Where I live frozen peas are £1.00/kilo, which I think is roughly $1.00 / 20 oz. I assume there are places within walking distance that you can buy frozen veg from (or use a delivery/online service instead), how do our prices compare to yours?
Old 09-08-2014, 05:41 PM
Orc

its not more expensive. Go to costco, but some chicken breasts, get some sweet potatoes, some mixed greens and good luck.

Try this, go online and find a macro-nutrient diet for your weight goals. i.e: 150g protein 220g carbs 60g fat - 2020cal. Now track what you realistically eat for about 2 weeks. Try an app like myfitnesspal or something. Youll come to find youre eating (mote likely) 100g protein 350 carbs and maybe 100-120 fats. Thats why youre gaining weight.

if you can handle a deficit cal count of 200-300 youll start losing weight. some of you will be cutting 1000+ calories. a simple conversion is 3500 cal = 1 lb. Many of overweight people have very high sodium and retain an absurd amount of water, dont quit the water, just lower the sodium to a normal level.

If any of you want a more personalized plan with specific goals in mind send me a PM. I've been dieting and lifting for a long time. 80% diet 20% workouts so work on your food.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:05 PM
Planar Protector

drink water and a grain of rice a day. it worked for buddha.
Old 09-08-2014, 06:23 PM
Kobold

I overeat at like every meal and can't manage to gain one pound. I feel bad for people who can get fat.