Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 12:42 AM
Fire Giant

Unfortunately even if you reset the sleeper its going to do no good unless its reset every week. All 4 warders will be dead within the first hour its reset.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Banned

*coming soon*
Old 08-01-2018, 02:57 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
imo blue won't be the museum due to how long we spent in Kunark and Velious, as green would be timeline accurate, I think that has a better chance. but again just my opinion.

and to clarify the OP, all those things I rattled off were just things that i had suggested or heard suggested by someone else. That doesn't mean nilbog or any other dev is in agreement with them or on board with them, just things that I thought sounded A+

<3
I mean I don't really matter, but I've always found this argument kind of lazy and unpersuasive. A museum isn't a time machine! No museum to Roman history ever said "Well some things are forever beyond historical evidence, so now we can't ever get it 100% right. Let's just add some 'Roman-themed' things that didn't actually exist in Roman times to attract and retain visitors!"

That'd be on-its-face bananas. You refine, cool! You reinterpret, okay! You sort the historical evidence out as best as you can, but for sure you don't throw up your hands and go "screw it, let's just add some steam engines to attract the youngins"; at the very least, you have then stopped running any kind of history museum and started running a history-themed amusement part. That's a very significant project re-scope.

Stay strong nilbog, I'm a belieber. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-01-2018, 04:29 AM
Sarnak

All you young whipper snappers and your damned nonclassic hopes and dreams. Green will never happen, let the dream die. Please.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:11 AM
Fire Giant

Custom Content - Endgame Idea

Bristlebane (Raid boss) / Zone: Plane of Mischief *Throne room* / Respawn: 7days +/- 8hours - Repops on Earthquakes and on April 1 every year

Level: 66 / Health: 777,777 / Max hit: 777 , Attacks per round: 4 / Special: Back Stab's / Summon, Immune to slow, snare, mez, stun, fear, immune to flee, see invis, see hide

Perma-Rooted In front of the PoM "Throne room" Throne

Faction hits: None - Indifferent to all

Uses "Bristlebane's Touch" every 30 seconds on primary target, Teleporting the target to a random zone and location *In lieu of Death touch because this is even more "annoying" or trickster like* (A hole host of super annoying and dumb locations can be thought of to make this ability so insanely annoying people wish they had just been death touched)

Loot: 1x Puppet strings (Always 100%) *Yea i know its Fear plane loot but Bristlebane loves his puppets it makes sense*

3x ALL/ALL , Lore, No drop, racial illusion items clickable item at random

Iksar Egg - Iksar Illusion
Ugly stick - Troll Illusion
Kilt of the Northmen - Barbarian Illusion
Tinker Toy - Gnome Illusion
Can of Forehead Wax - Erudite Illusion
Furry footed slippers - Halfling Illusion
Guise of the Deceiver - Dark Elf Illusion
Elegant Hand Mirror - Illusion High elf
Fat suit - Illusion Ogre
Eye-patch and Mustache disguise - Illusion Human
Guise of the Half-blood - Illusion Half elf
Tree Leaf Mask - Illusion Wood elf
Dwarvish beard - Illusion Dwarf

As the bosses loot is mostly cosmetic (exception being puppet strings) / and some of them even being old GM event items I feel it wouldn't really hurt any balance by introducing any damaging loot to the timeline. Spawning in Plane of Mischief the boss would be difficult to mobilize for without parking characters for, which diverts resources away from parking for ToV, KD, VP and other targets if windows overlap.

The reason I thought of this is 3 reasons. 1) Plane of Mischief in Velious era is sort of a hot-mess of a zone it was never really felt "finished", the zone functions but never felt really "complete" or polished, adding a raid boss to PoM would help give it a little purpose on p99 outside of just farming A4 and Puppet Theater all day... 2) Players like cosmetic GM event items, and endgame raiding is pretty crowded we all know that so 1 more target on the list spreads it out just that little bit more. 3) Theme wise these items really work well on Bristlebane's loot table
Old 08-01-2018, 05:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Uses "Bristlebane's Touch" every 30 seconds on primary target, Teleporting the target to a random zone and location *In lieu of Death touch because this is even more "annoying" or trickster like* (A hole host of super annoying and dumb locations can be thought of to make this ability so insanely annoying people wish they had just been death touched)
"Brislebane raid, everyone turn on your DaP tag! Charging extra for inconvenient pickups!"
Old 08-01-2018, 05:48 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bristlebane (Raid boss) / Zone: Plane of Mischief *Throne room* / Respawn: 7days +/- 8hours - Repops on Earthquakes and on April 1 every year

Level: 66 / Health: 777,777 / Max hit: 777 , Attacks per round: 4 / Special: Back Stab's / Summon, Immune to slow, snare, mez, stun, fear, immune to flee, see invis, see hide

Perma-Rooted In front of the PoM "Throne room" Throne

Faction hits: None - Indifferent to all

Loot: 1x Puppet strings (Always 100%) *Yea i know its Fear plane loot but Bristlebane loves his puppets it makes sense*

3x ALL/ALL , Lore, No drop, racial illusion items clickable item at random

Iksar Egg - Iksar Illusion
Ugly stick - Troll Illusion
Kilt of the Northmen - Barbarian Illusion
Tinker Toy - Gnome Illusion
Can of Forehead Wax - Erudite Illusion
Furry footed slippers - Halfling Illusion
Guise of the Deceiver - Dark Elf Illusion
Elegant Hand Mirror - Illusion High elf
Fat suit - Illusion Ogre
Eye-patch and Mustache disguise - Illusion Human
Guise of the Half-blood - Illusion Half elf
Tree Leaf Mask - Illusion Wood elf
Dwarvish beard - Illusion Dwarf

As the bosses loot is mostly cosmetic (exception being puppet strings) / and some of them even being old GM event items I feel it wouldn't really hurt any balance by introducing any damaging loot to the timeline. Spawning in Plane of Mischief the boss would be difficult to mobilize for without parking characters for, which diverts resources away from parking for ToV, KD, VP and other targets if windows overlap.

The reason I thought of this is 3 reasons. 1) Plane of Mischief in Velious era is sort of a hot-mess of a zone it was never really felt "finished", the zone functions but never felt really "complete" or polished, adding a raid boss to PoM would help give it a little purpose on p99 outside of just farming A4 and Puppet Theater all day... 2) Players like cosmetic GM event items, and endgame raiding is pretty crowded we all know that so 1 more target on the list spreads it out just that little bit more. 3) Theme wise these items really work well on Bristlebane's loot table
the utter joy i would get from being able to be an Erudite Warrior is incredible
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 08-01-2018, 05:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by enjchanter [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the utter joy i would get from being able to be an Erudite Warrior is incredible
But would you have enough DKP for it? I wonder how much dkp ppl would spend on Bristlebane loot lol
Old 08-01-2018, 06:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
But would you have enough DKP for it? I wonder how much dkp ppl would spend on Bristlebane loot lol
While i like the thought and details in this, i think it makes a "no raid zone" into a raid zone. Still pretty cool.

Rooted or tethered dragons / guards to prevent zone pulls would be awesome and force a more classic crawl style. Would love to see spawm times adjusted for trash in VP and flurry drake type lot on their trash mobs as well.
Old 08-01-2018, 06:28 AM
Planar Protector

Red face

Quote:
This is actually a great illustration of why "classic-themed custom content" is impossible, because Classic is so rich that, however good your intentions, no one can make "classic-themed custom content" work without straight fucking it up.

Sure, if you think about it for two seconds, Bristlebane loves him some Puppet Strings. It makes sense he should drop 'em. Right? But think a little longer, like, about the fact that the beginning of the PoM Puppet Show is ol' Bristlebane shouting for where the Cazic Thule puppet done gone. Well? Turns out it's in the Temple of Cazic Thule, and it's called the Avatar of Fear. And the Puppet Strings what used to bind it? Ol' Cazic kept those for himself, until he handed them out to his golems during the Fear revamp. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sure, now that I've pointed that out, maybe you can change something in a way where I can't personally think of a problem. Maybe I'd even subjectively like it. But that doesn't mean it's not there, because no one really knows it all. And that's the thing, innit? History is a very fragile thing. Its richness and value is all about the little detail touches like that. No one really can or needs to "improve" on it, and literal professional game developers tried, resulting in infiniteen expansions worth of content. If fresh content was what we wanted, we'd be playing Live, not P99.