Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 03-11-2024, 11:20 PM
Large Rat

Default (Another) returning player thread

It’s been 24 years but I’m coming back. This is the game that ruined me on every other game. It’s also the game that helped a young me get through a difficult time at 13 after the death of my father.

I was initially on Solusek Ro, moved to Ayonae Ro (Shoutout to Paradigm and Bunnies of Chaos!) and quit shortly after Velious. I’m trying but doubt very seriously I can recover my old account. Primary character name is all I remember and I may have deleted the account to prevent me from coming back.

I’m not what you would consider computer savvy but assume I’ll eventually figure out how to install properly and I hope Stridar Stoneblade is once again explore the world of Norrath whether it’s on my old character or starting over.
Old 03-12-2024, 04:42 AM
Orc

Are you planning to play blue or green server?
I started on blue 7 years ago with the intent of killing a sand giant.
I played with my dad and brother in 99 at the age of 5
Majority of players are the 13-17 year old gamer from 99
Condolence’s for the loss of your dad, sorry to hear that
Old 03-12-2024, 11:33 AM
Large Rat

Thank ya much.

I was thinking Green as it seems to have a lower lvl population vs blue. However, I’m most likely going to be doing a lot of soloing so I doubt server matters.

I think it will also depend on whether I can recover my old account. They’re going to be pretty barren as I have everything away that wasn’t bolted down (no drop) but I think it’s still got some planar gear and weapons.
Old 03-12-2024, 02:31 PM
Planar Protector

dont forget the wiki!
Old 03-12-2024, 02:53 PM
Large Rat

Think I need to give up the ghost of getting the old account. Daybreak wasn’t able to find anything with the info I could remember.

Looking forward to dying many deaths in qeynos hills once I get set up.

And definitely won’t forget the wiki! Reading over the wiki is what drove me to get back into the game. With the locked progression it’s exactly how I remembered the game with still much of Velious and Kunark end game to enjoy.
Old 03-12-2024, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

If you are trying to recover your old live server acct (the one you played on 24 years ago) I would not bother. Playing on live is easy, you can get to 60 in a week (thanks to merc and exp bonus AAs) and people practically give away gear in bazaar that is superior to whatever you had.

P99 captures the glory quite well of that time you loved.

Have any old log files from 1999 to 2001? They are data mining gold for rebuilding classic EQ.
Old 03-12-2024, 07:36 PM
Planar Protector

Its funny cuz I feel like every other game ruined eq for me.
I played this game only for a long time and as soon as I tried wow I couldn't look at eq the same anymore
Fauvana 60 Erudite Necromancer
Erjav 60 Human Bard
Enjamini 60 Human Magician
Deepwalter 60 Erudite Paladin
Seliel 60 Human Rogue
Enjoii 54 Dark Elf Warrior
Old 03-13-2024, 07:34 AM
Orc

If you plan to solo blue is better. Blue still has grouping but green might have more. Blue will have a bit lower prices overall in the tunnel. They could even merge soon. It is EverQuest 25th anniversary in a month after all
Old 03-13-2024, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

I'm purely speculating but since p99 is/was officially sanctioned I don't think DBG would like p99 launching another progression server to directly compete with whatever crap they're putting out.

Probably the best time is closer to the new year after they've thoroughly milked the TLP players who run the classic - PoP treadmill every year. Like Green came out at the end of October.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:30 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by killerbeebs [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you plan to solo blue is better. Blue still has grouping but green might have more. Blue will have a bit lower prices overall in the tunnel. They could even merge soon. It is EverQuest 25th anniversary in a month after all
Just from how I’ll be playing I’ll probably stick to a lot of soloing starting out.

Appreciate the advice on server.