Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2020, 12:27 PM
Kobold

I'd be good with setting the standard at 30 seconds. It seems short (like is it even enough time to go to the bathroom, let alone wash my hands?) but I definitely agree with needing to make sure people can't roll for multiple toons.

Mostly I'd just like a set standard for all rolls that's reasonable. It seems like that's 30 seconds, and if we could make that update, that'd be great.

Now for something that's sort of related, but sort of branching off topic: If we could also find ways to give people their lives back a little bit, like cutting literally all windows in half (not respawn timers, just windows), that'd be awesome. I think it'd preserve enough of the competitive and difficult nature of the game (which is indeed part of the draw that has brought us all to p99, make no mistake), while making things just a little bit more sane for a lot of people. When an average of like 300-400 man-hours of nothing but waiting and staring are occurring each time an Angry roll happens, that's just rough... and this is on the BLUE server. Think how bad things like this are going to get when the REAL try-hards on Green start going through this. Though maybe they'd just implement the list system and make people stay at their computer for 30 days straight in order to get past the Angry bottleneck. Yikes, just yikes...

My vote is to make a couple healthy adjustments. It doesn't need to be WoW-easy, nor even change the fundamental mechanic, just adjust the window so it's literally healthier.
Old 09-11-2020, 12:59 PM
Orc

I'd agree to change Angry Goblin to 30 seconds. Heaven forbid you turn your head to talk to your kid for a second and roll at 11 seconds.

30 seconds doesn't allow you to log to a different character.

I think it would be better to roll at the beginning of the window to simply reduce the need to poop sock the whole window.
Old 09-11-2020, 06:40 PM
Fire Giant

Even doubling it to 20 seconds would be a world better than 10 seconds.

P99B Strazha (60 Warlock) [Iksar]
P99B Sstrix (60 Warlord) [Iksar]
P99B Sickjams (5 Bard) [EC Mule]
P99G Sauna (51 Channeler) [Gnome]
P99R Sseri (54 Mystic) [Iksar]
VZ/TZ '08-'09 Lurgort (60 Shaman) [Barbarian] <Eight Inches Unbuffed>
Old 09-14-2020, 07:05 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daetien [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think it would be better to roll at the beginning of the window to simply reduce the need to poop sock the whole window.
I agree with the 20-30sec roll time,

However, i dont think you have thought the above through. Lets see how it would go...

1. Angry window starts...
2. 25 people roll, Player_001 wins. (woohoo)
3. 24 people camp out or leave Droga.
4. Player_001 sits around for 0 to 7 hours waiting for Angry.
5. Angry pops and Player_001 has to get friends to come over and help.

is there a timer at this point, if someone else shows up and Angry sits up for 30mins while Player_001 still finds support, can someone else snipe it?

6. Player_001 gets a few of his guild to come over, they turn in and kill Skargus.

Now Player_001's guild are the only people who know the timer on Angry. Looking pretty good for them on the next roll.
Old 09-15-2020, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

I think the idea would be that it ideally goes:
1. Angry window start
2. 25 people roll, Player_001 wins
3. 12 people go AFK in Droga, 13 camp or go somewhere else
4. Player_001 sits around for 6 hours waiting for angry
5. Angry pops and Player_001 gets friends to come and help

Time to kill would be open to discussion and should definitely be agreed on before doing this. If you just leave it up you have to lose it at some point.

6. Guild comes over and kills Skargus. Turnin depops Angry and produces a zone wide message from Skargus (probably from what people have said?), setting the time of next roll at +3 days from that point.

7. 12 people come back from AFK over the next day and see the timer, disseminate information to guilds and other people

8. 3 days later, repeat.
Old 09-16-2020, 05:08 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the idea would be that it ideally goes:

7. 12 people come back from AFK over the next day and see the timer, disseminate information to guilds and other people
So the idea to avoid having people not have to sit around for the whole window, is to have people sit AFK through the whole window running logs.

I guess its a little better, but it just seems to me to be open to too many issues and problems.
Old 09-20-2020, 04:36 AM
Sarnak

just want to check whether it is common for GMs to come back to you very slowly for petitions relating to people breaking player agreed rules.

im not talking about item reimbursements because you messed up the turn in or some bug. i'm talking about a situation where a person looted the head of skargus even though he was clearly disqualified.

i have been waiting for a reply for 3 weeks now. i have made forum petition, in-game petition, messaged GMs, even talked to some in-game. and none.
Old 09-20-2020, 08:12 AM
Sarnak

Now I feel bad writing the above post

I realise GMs are Guides are helping the best they could during their spare time, without getting paid or for anything in return.

Will just have to be more patient i guess...
Closed Thread