Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2021, 02:21 PM
Banned

Don’t listen to this bullshit, iksar monk + iksar shaman is like giving the monk a fungi, just inner fire dance for the monk and y’all will both be level 20+ untwinked in short order. Kill skeletons and yard trash til lvl 3 then move to the spiderling caves til they green out. The silk sells very well to other players. Get a sewing kit. Literally just spam inner fire on the monk you don’t get a more efficient healing spell until like level uh 53 in Kunark on green outside of Regen line? Lol. Spell available at lvl 1 learn to sit immediately
After to collect the mana and you’ll never go oom even with shite gear. Once monsters start hitting to hard to keep up you will have longer battles where you can use slow and Regen and canni and burst heals.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:04 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Has he considered iksar sk? You’ll have more flexibility with looting stuff, and not to mention you can get greenmist pretty easily as a casual. Still has fd but you’ll appreciate the snap aggro on a shaman
I don't believe so. While he doesn't seem to be much of a true min/maxer he still seeks optimization and I was under the impression that Iksar was a surefire way to nerf your SK? He may be down for it and I'll definitely run it past him though. Thanks for the suggestion!
Last edited by xaxis; 01-28-2021 at 03:07 PM..
Old 01-28-2021, 03:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Literally just spam inner fire on the monk you don’t get a more efficient healing spell until like level uh 53 in Kunark on green outside of Regen line? Lol. Spell available at lvl 1 learn to sit immediately
Some good advice in general but this right here was the diamond in the rough. How is this true? (It is, I investigated) Seems . . . if not "broken" necessarily, then at least just not right.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaxis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't believe so. While he doesn't seem to be much of a true min/maxer he still seeks optimization and I was under the impression that Iksar was a surefire way to nerf your SK? He may be down for it and I'll definitely run it past him though. Thanks for the suggestion!
I was more thinking of blue since sks are stronger due to all the patches and also iksars can wear velious armor to equal the playing field. You’d still turn out fine on green with a shaman you can do anything and you’ll have a rare combo but monk definitely more powerful just an option.
Old 01-28-2021, 03:54 PM
Planar Protector

Trying to heal a player with perhaps 2000 health using a 20 HP buff/heal while standing and sitting over and over to time casts between meditate ticks all so you might be perhaps 10% more mana efficient is not a recipe for having a fun time. Most ordinary non-obsessive players will forget about Inner Fire around level 19.

Danth
Old 01-28-2021, 04:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by xaxis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Some good advice in general but this right here was the diamond in the rough. How is this true? (It is, I investigated) Seems . . . if not "broken" necessarily, then at least just not right.
Inner Fire may be efficient hp/mana but is no effective in terms of hp/second. It can't be used to heal people with a superior hp/ac type buff on (pretty much anything from the cleric/druid lines apart from maybe courage and skin like wood).

Great for healing a target receiving less than 6 dps, or less than 3dps if you are hoping to catch med ticks.

Once incoming dps exceeds 6, or the incoming dps is very spikey, inner fire loses its value.

Compare to Light Healing, which can heal about 15dps (and casts faster for when you need a heal FAST), or Healing which can heal at about 30dps.7

For a mid 20 shaman PLing a 1-20 monk by mainly buffing and healing inner fire is a decent option.
Last edited by Jimjam; 01-28-2021 at 04:45 PM..
Old 01-29-2021, 12:01 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trying to heal a player with perhaps 2000 health using a 20 HP buff/heal while standing and sitting over and over to time casts between meditate ticks all so you might be perhaps 10% more mana efficient is not a recipe for having a fun time. Most ordinary non-obsessive players will forget about Inner Fire around level 19.

Danth
Oh I definitely recognized this too. Inner fire is the most MANA efficient but it’s far from actually efficient when you consider incoming damage, overall time spent casting vs. ho returned, etc... but still, the fact that a lvl 1 not-even-a-true-heal is better and/or viable for at least the bottom third of levels? That’s crazy.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was more thinking of blue since sks are stronger due to all the patches and also iksars can wear velious armor to equal the playing field. You’d still turn out fine on green with a shaman you can do anything and you’ll have a rare combo but monk definitely more powerful just an option.
That’s true. I don’t HAVE to have him roll on green. We could do blue. I have some linited resources there at least. I just didn’t think about it because all the hype is green.
Old 01-29-2021, 12:52 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
That’s true. I don’t HAVE to have him roll on green. We could do blue. I have some linited resources there at least. I just didn’t think about it because all the hype is green.
Blue would be a more chill experience than Green. You guys are already planning on duoing, so it is not like you are trying to maximize your chances at finding groups in the lower level ranges. Items are cheaper too on Blue. Green is only hyped because you get another shot at loot that no longer drops. If that isn't a goal of yours, there isn't much to gain by starting on Green.
Old 01-29-2021, 09:32 AM
Planar Protector

Just go Blue. Its a duo / trio playground. You'll be able to freely go wherever and not deal with a bunch of spergs cluttering up the popular zones.

I'd be more than happy to help get you started if you need some cheap gear.