Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2021, 07:31 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(Also first AoW kill ever was done with a massive use of charmed pets, and that was before Luclin, you're welcome).
Reverse charming suicide tactics tho in a raid environment where the pets where poofed by AoW in under 30 seconds... and chanters were rezzed... a lot probably... Also doubt that this happened regularly in hate/fear.
Old 05-10-2021, 07:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RecondoJoe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the average person playing everquest in 1999 had a full time job or was a student

the average person playing p99 is completely unemployed

the people i played with, on average, 20 years ago... were much higher caliber, and much more competitive than the kids on P99. On P99 it's assumed that if you dont have mez then you cant do dungeons. I didn't even know what mez was until I was level 55. We made that shit happen one way or another. There was no GMs baby sitting, if someone out-pulled you, your group simply went without. It was a very competitive game by comparison. There was no AFKing half the time while your group carried you.

Also ZEMs make people level way, way, way faster than they are supposed to. As someone who has played on TLP for a little over a week now I can tell you that the ZEMs on P99 are literally game breaking. Makes the game super unfun by forcing players to level in the 3 most boring zones over and over again, but is also ridiculously fast, even by TLP standards, which were intentionally tweaked for casuals.

Leveling 30-45 in a single day of CT and just thinking its because you got better at the game than players 20 years ago is a huge LOL. If you traveled back in time 20 years ago expecting to get similar exp rates then lol. Literally.

My hat goes off to the OGs to hit level 50. There's a reason characters were selling for $5K on ebay. It was no small undertaking, and to try and discredit how hardcore players were 20 years ago is LOL and you are literally rewriting history.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogene [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This sounds about right. I dont understand how people don’t die out of boredom grinding shit in ZEM zones with their cleric tank ench rog rog rog groups. I usually enjoy ALOT more suboptimal groups coz they are more fun and challenging. I rarely see them tho. Everything on p99 has to be minmax and super smooth and super optimal and its really killing the vibe.
100%
Old 05-10-2021, 09:22 AM
Banned

Avatar of War was killed initially because Kael Giants could be reliably charmed

Nother degenerate attempt to ruin EQ
Old 05-10-2021, 10:39 AM
Skeleton

https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...-plane-of-hate
From 2000, dude talks about enchanters charming in hate. Enchanters have always charmed in eq.
Old 05-10-2021, 10:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Avatar of War was killed initially because Kael Giants could be reliably charmed

Nother degenerate attempt to ruin EQ
Old 05-10-2021, 10:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I played enchanter to level 12 on rallos zek, anc can confirm that you could charm a person long enough for him to kill his whole group, or his group to kill him, before they nerfed charm in PVP.

So if it worked for that I bet it worked pretty good PVE
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And no fungi twinked halfling warriors appeared to pell ur charm n shield bash ur gates.

Hard 2 believe.
Player charming was for less than a year along with player fearing. Glorious times no doubt I only played the tail end of watching people fleeing off kelethin like lunatics. The fear was less of a problem because evil classes were so uncommon (being disgusting evil bastards)
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by whydothis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://thesafehouse.org/forums/foru...-plane-of-hate
From 2000, dude talks about enchanters charming in hate. Enchanters have always charmed in eq.
No one is saying "Enchanters never charmed in classic." Obviously they had the spell, and some did use it some of the time. But what everyone who played in classic knows is that charming here isn't like it was on live: it is vastly more common here.

Instead of a few brave Enchanters using risky techniques on dangerous raids ... with multiple healers around to keep them alive (ie. Classic) ... we have a huge percentage of Enchanters here soloing their way to 60, and then soloing great loot camps, with virtually zero risk (ie. not Classic). And we also have Druids, who were were root/rot and quad soloers on live, charming here because it's the most efficient XP method (again, not Classic).

And there is lots of evidence to back this up! I'm not talking obscure news group posts, I'm talking literally "one click away from the front page of Caster's Realm". What we don't have is any evidence that charm was as easy, safe, and powerful back in Classic ... because no such evidence exists.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:43 PM
Planar Protector

- Nobody did /who all dial and get a port in 30 seconds, yet the port code is the same here
- Nobody was swarming naked to 60, yet the swarm code is the same (ish) here

List could go on.

Unless you find a way to force people to unlearn what they now know, you will not go back to 2000 gameplay.

Power players teamed up and took down AoW with charmed pets in 2001. Power players use charmed pets to duo or solo level 45 mobs in HS for exp in 2021, big deal.
Old 05-10-2021, 12:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
because it basically sucked

i played live from 1999 to 2005

i was crazy its the only thing i did

i know

charm should last 30 seconds at best most of the time even at 255 charisma until pop
Every single enchanter you knew was terrible
Old 05-10-2021, 12:45 PM
Banned

didn't have volunteer elf janitors on live either
Closed Thread