Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2021, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melodyy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am in DaP but not an officer. Been in it for years. There are so many inaccuracies in what you write here that it would be silly to address them all. Give it up.
Really? Let’s see about the assertions I made:

1. I made almost the same amount of money solo porting as when I was in DAP. Not inaccurate. Not even sure how you would tell me my personal experience is inaccurate lol.

2. Solo porters generally have to be more active if they want to make money. They have to ooc all the time, port around to areas where they think they will be in demand, etc. Whereas DAP if you have the tag on you have more flexibility to just park yourself at like the WC Druid rings and wait for people to call you like an Uber. That’s not inaccurate that’s just simple fact. If it was inaccurate then there would be no point to being in DAP; the whole point of DAP is that people can search you and send you a tell to port them…ergo you don’t have to actively seek out customers.
Old 06-09-2021, 08:42 PM
Sarnak

This is INCORRECT. At Dial a Port we all fly the same flag but each porter makes their own prices. We DO NOT port for tips, this is a business. Also mana=time=money. You are actively paying for someone's TIME to port you. Something that is non refundable and is valuable. 50 plat a port will be standard come Velious and EJ/Skyfire are 100 each due to safety and the fact that it is TWO ports. (Potg will be 100 minimum in Velious.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indecisive [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
"Dial A Port" characters are not allowed to set a rate; or at least, they weren't when I was porting. DaP is really the only game in town if you want to make money porting. You could choose to go solo as a porter, but you'll make far less money, and you don't make that much already.

I'll just end this by saying: anyone that thinks 1p per level is an unreasonable sum, consider the reason you want a port in the first place. You're trying to save time. Spend a week taking the boat or running from zone to zone, trying to get to groups you were invited to before they replace you, and ask yourself by the end of that week how much your time is worth.
Last edited by Mazoku; 06-09-2021 at 08:45 PM..
Old 06-09-2021, 09:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazoku [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is INCORRECT. At Dial a Port we all fly the same flag but each porter makes their own prices. We DO NOT port for tips, this is a business. Also mana=time=money. You are actively paying for someone's TIME to port you. Something that is non refundable and is valuable. 50 plat a port will be standard come Velious and EJ/Skyfire are 100 each due to safety and the fact that it is TWO ports. (Potg will be 100 minimum in Velious.)
Lol
Old 06-09-2021, 10:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi, everyone!
I wanted to confirm some details and provide illumination on others for our guild. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We are not the only or best option for ports and don’t claim those statements. We are just one option for ports and are appreciative of having the support of the community for all these years.

We do require every member to create a forum account and read and accept our rules before joining our guild. With the absence of an in-game guild management system, this allows us to keep track of our members. For those interested in joining Dial a Port, please follow the instructions on our website, https://dialaport.freeforums.net/.

We move everyone up to officer status in-game to help with recruiting. It doesn't indicate an actual guild officer role. We just want it easy to invite new members, as long as invite guidelines are followed. Please visit, https://dialaport.freeforums.net/thread/3517, for a current list of our guild leaders and senior officers.

In terms of payment for ports, while we are we are a pay-for-port service; we do not and have never had a guild-wide required minimum payment. Having that said; each member can set their own price for ports, especially if it involves a dangerous port location and/or requires the porter to travel across great distances. It’s imperative to know each member’s choice to require a fee, due to the above mentioned conditions, is not and should not be indicative of a guild policy. Please visit, https://dialaport.freeforums.net/page/rules, for a list of our guild rules.

It is hopeful the information I’ve provided has been helpful. Be safe and happy porting!

Cheers,

Faumumno
Guild Leader
Dial a Port (Green)
Old 06-09-2021, 11:05 PM
Banned

I always pretend I'm on a corpse run and probably have 600+ ports in a few years. Thanks for all the hard work. Here's a tip; Get a REAL job!
Old 06-10-2021, 03:44 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi, everyone!
I wanted to confirm some details and provide illumination on others for our guild. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We are not the only or best option for ports and don’t claim those statements. We are just one option for ports and are appreciative of having the support of the community for all these years.

We do require every member to create a forum account and read and accept our rules before joining our guild. With the absence of an in-game guild management system, this allows us to keep track of our members. For those interested in joining Dial a Port, please follow the instructions on our website, https://dialaport.freeforums.net/.

We move everyone up to officer status in-game to help with recruiting. It doesn't indicate an actual guild officer role. We just want it easy to invite new members, as long as invite guidelines are followed. Please visit, https://dialaport.freeforums.net/thread/3517, for a current list of our guild leaders and officers.

In terms of payment for ports, while we are we are a pay-for-port service; we do not and have never had a guild-wide required minimum payment. Having that said; each member can set their own price for ports, especially if it involves a dangerous port location and/or requires the porter to travel across great distances. It’s imperative to know each member’s choice to require a fee, due to the above mentioned conditions, is not and should not be indicative of a guild policy. Please visit, https://dialaport.freeforums.net/page/rules, for a list of our guild rules.

It is hopeful the information I’ve provided has been helpful. Be safe and happy porting!

Best,

Faumumno
Guild Leader
Dial a Port (Green)
Old 06-11-2021, 02:01 AM
Planar Protector

Wow sooooo much happening in this thread. I love that the forums have finally realized we are a thing after almost 2 years in the making.

That being said, the rules are the same as blue and green, we have required our personal forums to be registered since 2017 anyone that hasn’t shame on you and we will find out eventually 😝

As far as pay for ports our motto and Rule on the matter is don’t be greedy. You are your own boss if you want to set a price we won’t stop you unless we feel it’s greedy and again shame on you and we will find out eventually 😝

As far as solo porters we welcome the competition and hope they find as much plat as we do, however we know as well as everyone else on the server the tag helps 100x more than without it and shame that you don’t wear it and we will find and recruit you eventually. 😝

As far as the Netflix and chill idea if anyone holds a DaP tag they very well know that there is very little time to watch tv and port. A real dapper knows their worth and will be dedicated to porting every minute their tag is up. If they are tagged and chillin they know the rules and they will be caught and you guessed it we will find out eventually.

And lastly if anyone doesn’t know the rules well we have them listed on our website. https://dialaport.freeforums.net/page/rules As always if anyone has questions comments or concerns we have that on our forums as well https://dialaport.freeforums.net/boa...ssues-concerns

If you want direct conversation you can message me via discord on the p99 discord and I would be happy to chat about your concerns. If my messages and conversations aren’t enough I will gladly pass you on to the person we have put in charge of Green so as you can voice your concerns further.

Finally and I can’t believe I’m saying this @Baler you have turned a leaf and I’m had that after so many years you have come to see the light.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-11-2021, 09:30 AM
Planar Protector

When I was in DAP there wasn’t a rule that you had to be actively trying to find customers if your tag was up, you just had to take someone if they messaged you. So you could be exping or just sitting there watching Netflix waiting for someone to send you a tell, you didn’t have to be porting around to different zones and advertising in ooc
Old 06-11-2021, 12:04 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When I was in DAP there wasn’t a rule that you had to be actively trying to find customers if your tag was up, you just had to take someone if they messaged you. So you could be exping or just sitting there watching Netflix waiting for someone to send you a tell, you didn’t have to be porting around to different zones and advertising in ooc
The rule on the website is: "Stay /anon if you are not able to fulfil a port request as your top priority especially if AFK, have many ports queued or engaged in XPing/camping that you cannot instantly leave."

This is consistent with what Tupakk said and it does not require you to be actively seeking out ports if your tag is up. For instance if there was lull in porting but I expected it to pick up soonish, then I would exp by root-rotting mobs near my bind point with my tag up. I wouldn't go below 30-40% mana and the moment I got a tell from a person at a druid ring, I would go pick them up even if it meant leaving before killing the mob. Another thing you can do is work on tradeskills while waiting for port traffic. All that matters is that you are paying attention to tells and willing to drop whatever you are doing to go pick someone up.
Last edited by cadoipi; 06-11-2021 at 12:12 PM..
Old 06-11-2021, 03:58 PM
Fire Giant

Who cares, you're a druid, not a saint. What is some level 30 idiot lizard who got stranded going to do, report you to the chief druid?
Closed Thread