Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-26-2021, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The question is, is this the "pay any price, no matter how insane (eg. not sleeping for days)" server ... or is this the "re-create classic EverQuest, as best as possible" server?
There were days long lines in classic back in the day as I've mentioned in other comments to you. It depended on the server. I had to step in as CSR to settle line list disputes on multiple servers. Other servers didn't really do the player list thing. So, as with many things you mention about the classic experience, it was totally variable depending on which server you were on. It seems your server did not have certain experiences that others did.

Now, how many characters actually stayed in the line for like 48+ hours is a different story. Back then, you didn't have rampant account sharing because people didn't trust each other and would almost never share accounts unless it was a guild bot. So you certainly had people trying to stay the course in the line for a long time, but many would drop out, thus shortening the line. So it's not that player line lists didn't exist on servers for certain items (for example, multiple servers had very long lines for J Boots when they were dropping in Najena), it's that account sharing was not common and so a character's ability to stay the course in a long line was much much lower.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:05 PM
Banned

I did 18 hours at rubi BP on green, and got guises for two chars both of which took about 14 hours. I seriously thought I was hallucinating at one point, the thought of doing 48hrs+ is just insane, so yeah account sharing definitely makes it much worse for those who don't want to share their accounts.

But there really isn't a good fix due to screen sharing, not to mention if you just have a rl person take over for you while you sleep. So in summary, this game is evil.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:29 PM
Planar Protector

the solution is to simply not sit in a list camp for 60+ hours
Old 07-26-2021, 12:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
But.... pixels tho.
Old 07-26-2021, 12:50 PM
Orc

Well lets not be naïve here. If someone is going to go through a 60 hour camp, with multiple people and screen sharing involved, I'd also bet dollars to donuts that they are connecting via hotspot with a couple accounts at the same time to maximize their returns.
Old 07-26-2021, 01:30 PM
Banned

Wtb someone to drag woushi over to this camp.... Oh wait,. Its probably rooted.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevSaber [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wtb someone to drag woushi over to this camp.... Oh wait,. Its probably rooted.
It's not and some people have tried but always die like the martyrs they are.
Old 07-26-2021, 04:29 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Doesn't hurt to say something, but in general this is my attitude.
Old 07-27-2021, 03:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Old 07-28-2021, 01:51 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I read it, didn't like it. The answer is instancing.
This is a joke. Just ignore this guy.

The solution is to REMOVE the /list and let players manage it like in Droga and other zones.

REMOVE THE LIST!
Allow players to have the chance to port in and kill a holgresh while running to Kael and get a lucky drop. Allow the cave to belong the list only. Allow roamers to be camped by solo players. Allow this server to at least have a REMNANT of classic.

I got suspended for vocalizing my thoughts on this. But this is the solution.

If you see guilds locking down the spawns and the "fun" is being removed for other players, then you slap them on the wrist. Pretty simple. There would have been a lot less petitions over that list mess that's been created. Just the normal people complaining about getting their camp taken or KSed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread