Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2021, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That gif makes me want a nuclear war.

I always imagined it would be gritty and dark, but it's...beautiful.
Yeah from space it would be a heck of a fireworks show, the dark and gritty part would be for us schmucks on the ground.

Thing is tho that there is no known military strategy for a nuclear success. Every single model results in mutual destruction, this is why nukes have prevented any real world war since their invention.

Anyone smart enough to build a nuke knows that should they use it, less than 30 minutes later other nukes will hit every major city within their country. First strike capabilities are moot, retaliatory capabilities are moot.

The hardened underground cities built by the elites of the world are a joke against anything over like 30 megatons.

should a superpower hypothetically execute a paralyzing nuclear first strike, it would require 500+ weapons to detonate simultaneously, for reasons like all U.S. land based missle silos are 5-25+ Km apart, and there are reported to be 300ish across just the continental US, hitting all, or enough of them would irradiate the atmosphere to such a degree that within days, the fallout from your own bombs is blowing back in your face.

then you can't forget the silent service (ohio class subs) each with 8 trident missles that have 5 warheads each.

And whatever other deployment systems that there may be.

It's rather reassuring to me, that while nuclear weapons beget their own necessity, no major state actor will use them because by one means or another, destroying your enemy with your nuclear capability guarantees your own destruction.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:34 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBellamy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Russia sends nuclear bombers to a practice range 35 km from the Polish border.

https://apnews.com/article/european-...6043fac4d9b546

US army new V Corps to be stationed in Poland.
https://www.militarytimes.com/news/y...-go-to-poland/

UK troops arrive in Poland.
http://www.news.cn/english/2021-11/13/c_1310307626.htm

Russian paratroopers deployed to within 15k of the Polish border.
https://www.themoscowtimes.com/2021/...-crisis-a75548

People are always overthinking WW3 with the North Koreans and the Chinese because it's exciting and new. But why complicate things?

Russia has more nuclear weapons than all the other nations put together. Yup it's true. And world conflicts tend to start...well...in the eastern part of Europe if you will.

Someone will be fired upon, and things will escalate. It's a populated area, there will be civilian casualties very quick. Air defense systems will naturally come online and passenger jets will fall out of the sky. It's going to be a shit show. A big glowing nuclear shit show.

I wouldn't worry though, wikipedia assures me the effects will be 'transitory'.
Imagine being this flat brained that you don't realize the wars already at your doorstep, fucking pleb
Old 11-12-2021, 05:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Imagine being this flat brained that you don't realize the wars already at your doorstep, fucking pleb
No it's not.

If any sort of "real war" comes that close to home, we won't be here posting about it. We won't have the electrical grid or the cellular service to do so.

For now things are alright, regardless of what Fox or Cnn would have you believe. Life can get alot worse, nobody alive today has any sense of what hardship really is. A hard lesson to learn is that there is no such thing as rock bottom.

"USA is doomed because trump is president, USA is doomed because biden is president."

We're bickering over one president vs. another. That is a luxury taken for granted.
Old 11-12-2021, 05:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trexller [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah from space it would be a heck of a fireworks show, the dark and gritty part would be for us schmucks on the ground.

Thing is tho that there is no known military strategy for a nuclear success. Every single model results in mutual destruction, this is why nukes have prevented any real world war since their invention.

Anyone smart enough to build a nuke knows that should they use it, less than 30 minutes later other nukes will hit every major city within their country. First strike capabilities are moot, retaliatory capabilities are moot.

The hardened underground cities built by the elites of the world are a joke against anything over like 30 megatons.

should a superpower hypothetically execute a paralyzing nuclear first strike, it would require 500+ weapons to detonate simultaneously, for reasons like all U.S. land based missle silos are 5-25+ Km apart, and there are reported to be 300ish across just the continental US, hitting all, or enough of them would irradiate the atmosphere to such a degree that within days, the fallout from your own bombs is blowing back in your face.

then you can't forget the silent service (ohio class subs) each with 8 trident missles that have 5 warheads each.

And whatever other deployment systems that there may be.

It's rather reassuring to me, that while nuclear weapons beget their own necessity, no major state actor will use them because by one means or another, destroying your enemy with your nuclear capability guarantees your own destruction.
Guess what I think?

I think that what you talk about is so common thought, that if someone was crazy enough to use nukes there would be no retaliation at all.

The advantage of nuclear power is only to the side willing to use it first, the other side will take the high road to try to win hearts and minds and it may or may not cost them the war.

I say do it and find out who cares.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

I know that your study of the world's militaries is comparable to my own, but no way man, humans have a need to retaliate if attacked. There are so many strike options that any first strike would never get them all. one example is that the commander of an Ohio class sub has direct authority to launch if the U.S. chain of command is broken. That's just one example.

So if Putin launches 500 warheads, absolutely nobody is gonna be like, "oh ok you mean business, you're emperor of the world now"

Real world: "If I'm going down, then we're all going down"
Old 11-12-2021, 06:11 PM
Planar Protector

I know, Ive been conditioned to think the same thing, but I think deeply on it and i believe that in ww3 that there will be many nukes fired, but mostly will be stratigc, and that a whole new kind of thinking would come into play.

Youd see entire armies turning on their leaders if their leaders choice was "lets just murder suicide because they attacked us"

I just dont see the end of the 80s movies, as the most well thought out and realistic end of nukes being used in war.

I think you'd see them used successfully many many times during the war, but not like, blanket kill the world use.

Basically the only way it would happen is if hitler could have hit a button and nuked everyone that day he shot himself, and by then most if not all silos would be covered with cement and other garbage the army dumped on them at least at best would be totally destroyed.
Old 11-12-2021, 06:13 PM
Planar Protector

I'm just tryin to say world war 3 would be good time, man.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2021, 06:25 PM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-12-2021, 06:30 PM
Planar Protector

Old 11-12-2021, 06:55 PM
Planar Protector

16 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.”

2 The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.

Keep an eye on that, might be important.