Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-04-2017, 10:02 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Newish Player with a few questions

Hello P99,

Long time lurker, first time poster and filthy casual checking in. Played on Tunare during live, Necro/Bard through PoP and quit around GoD. Been around project 1999 off and on since 2015. Grouped some early on but I do quite a bit of soloing too. I've even been lucky enough to participate in a couple events (velious launch and halloween 2016) to a small degree which was a blast.

Highest I've been able to get to on my main is 36 (shaman). I usually only get to play 10-15 hours a week and I've run into a few questions and figured I'd reach out here and ask.

1) After looking at all the gear/spells that are required for a proper shaman I've grown a bit discouraged. Fungi, JBB, Torpor, etc seem almost out of reach for a filthy casual who's never had more than 3-5k to his name at one time. The only time I felt like I was making decent cash so far was camping treants. So maybe 3 weeks ago I started leveling a druid in hopes of generating more plat from porting people around. Didn't seem like a huge deal or investment pp wise since both toons can share a lot of wis gear. Druid is currently at 25 (twinked with 200 wis and decent hp gear) and I thought about stopping at 34 to be able port to a decent # of locations. Is this a viable plan? Or should I just stick it out with the shaman and grind out some lvls so I can farm specters or something better? I guess my end goal is being able to main the shaman and contribute to groups/a guild in the future.

2) I spend one night out of the week playing with a RL buddy doing an iksar shaman (him)/ monk (me) duo. We're lvl 20-21 and finally ready to run away from Kurns/FoB. We tried out Lake of Ill Omen but everything seems either green or very red. Does anyone have any suggestions on where we could head to maximize our xp by not having to move again for a bit?

Thanks much guys!
Old 02-04-2017, 10:20 PM
Sarnak

Hello fellow Tunarian. 1. If you plan on sticking with shaman for end game just stay with it over druid. You will be able to farm some great stuff higher as shaman. Get some groups and just loot the fungi. 2. Try hhk guards?
Old 02-04-2017, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

1. Lots of posts about gaining plat so I wont restart it here.
2. I had a guildie start a monk in FoB and after kurns he went to warsliks till they started getting green at the giant fort. Then he went back to FoB and went to the underwater tunnel and started on the undead there. Think he made lvl 40 just in those 2 zones.
Old 02-04-2017, 11:08 PM
Fire Giant

Dont bother camping money for anything except spells that you can mem right then. By the time you get 58 59 you will have much better opportunities to earn money and may even have chances to win the spell yourself. You dont need all those toys to level up.
Old 02-05-2017, 08:11 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Expediency [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You dont need all those toys to level up.
QFT

My main is a shaman. I never had a JBB and I got my fungi in my early 50's. It's rough, but if you actively save your money (just don't buy anything that isn't necessary) and it will eventually add up.

If the shaman is what you enjoy, then play that. You can farm money now, but honestly just saving the money you do get while leveling is better. As you gain levels you can more easily make that money, and grinding out cash camps gets old really quick....especially when it's the same one over and over because that's the only one you can do.
Old 02-05-2017, 09:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the replies everyone!

I guess I'll just stick with the shaman and see what gear comes as I level up. Thanks for the vote of confidence.

And thanks for the tips about Warslik and HHK guards. We'll check that out this week.

Wrack - 52 Troll Shaman
Chiade - 42 Wood Elf Druid
Old 02-06-2017, 05:34 AM
Fire Giant

The main problem with shamans is that there are just so many of them. No wonder, it's a great class... but for typical shaman things there is a lot of competition. Nothing of it is really needed, only if you want to be that kick ass shaman soloing everything.
Old 02-06-2017, 12:48 PM
Fire Giant

My shaman is iksar, so no jbb, would it be nice to have one? Sure, never needed it though. Fungi is also nice, but not necessary, just canni dance properly, waiting for the tick while sitting between cannis, and you will be fine with a regen up.

As far as exp goes. Sarnak fort in LOIO will be great up till late twenties/early thirties iirc, or the giant fort in warsliks woods for same level ranges. At about 27/28 can check out dalnir in warsliks woods for some dungeon fun till 35+. Or can move to giants in frontier mountains in your low 30's. Kill them till 35+ then check out droga or kaesora till 40+. Kurns is also good till 27-30 if you drop down into the deep and kill, there is a tunnel with a zone line that exits you to FoB, so don't have to worry about getting stuck. At 40+ can go to CoM which is a short run from FoB and popular place to group for lvl 40-50.

As far as the Druid goes, get lvl 44 for your velious ports. And you can make 1k an hour pretty regularly during peak hours, if all your doing is porting.
Old 02-06-2017, 01:48 PM
Sarnak

I like your plan of just leveling with your buddy or in PuG's and whatever happens, happens.Don't ever fall into that trap that your gear isn't good enough for something. UNless you are the main tank in the raid might be the only exception Soloing would be another I guess, but who wants to do that from 1-60? Yes community, I know there are those that do. Just have fun, because its a game and not a career (for most )

Edit: Sol A is a cash cow for mid 30's+ with only common loot drops.
Last edited by gprater; 02-06-2017 at 01:50 PM..
Closed Thread