Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 10-14-2019, 10:40 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Everfrost Newbie area

Ok back on life I never seen more then one Vengeful Composer up at a time in the newbie area and it wasnt always up but wen it was it was always walking around the newbie area. However on this beta I have see 3 at one time, there are way too many of them spawning on this.

Also in the newbie are just out side Halas next to the first tree there is a spawn point and the mob that spawns there never moves. The same for the spawn point behide the tree next to the rock, and yet again for the spawn point next to the large rock in the middle just down from the tree. I just wanted to point out that these guys never move after they spawn.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:41 AM
Orc

Pretty sure Vengefuls weren't classic. Not at launch. I can't find the patch notes that added them, but then again they weren't in the habit of spelling out quests and quest mobs in patch notes.

Hard to prove of course, but all the guides from early 1999 for barbs say nothing about watching out for vengefuls. I did find a 2000 post from eqatlas that said something about "now there's vengefuls"... link: https://msu.edu/~oconne53/eqatlas/everfrost.html
Old 10-15-2019, 09:48 AM
Large Bat

Yeah, fairly sure there should only be one of each vengeful up at a time. Also, the mobs not moving is not limited to Everfrost. There are several young lion/lioness spawns in WK (and probably other zones as well) where a mob will spawn, and then just stand there instead of roaming, but it does seem particularly pronounced in Everfrost.

Edit: I noticed the stationary mob thing while doing some test runs on Blue before green launch as well.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:00 AM
Sarnak

Yeah my rogue notice vengeful composer and vengeful soloist pathing in noobie yard and pathing continuesly and also very few decaying skeleton compare to spiders, bear and wolves
Old 10-15-2019, 10:01 AM
Former Guide

July 1999 posts mentioning the vengeful skeletons level 9 to 11. Also mentions very fast respawn so perhaps they should be common.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:08 AM
Former Guide

8/4/99 post stating vengefuls aren't in a month prior.
Quote:
I ended up starting a new barbarian on Brell last night and started
running into and getting killed by these soloist, lyricist, and
composer skeletons. *They weren't there a month or so ago when I
started my last barbarian. *I know they are part of a quest, but why
deep red monsters in a newbie zone?
Old 10-15-2019, 10:29 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

No I seen them but there was never more the one walking around the newbie area. I don't claim to know all the newbie areas but Everfrost was always a favorite one for me.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:32 AM
Sarnak

I can confirm that I saw 2 at the same time when my rogue was on.
Old 10-15-2019, 10:34 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunderfury [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
8/4/99 post stating vengefuls aren't in a month prior.
I know I'm getting old, but it's good to know my memory isn't failing me. Yet. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread