Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2020, 06:04 PM
Large Bat

Default Players playing wrong game

I see that most posts about green/teal are complaints.
In reality, in game, i have not seen this negativy.
Dont like it? Please go play something else.
Enough good cooperative players around such that if you dont like P99 green, why do you still play?
How many of these postings should be in RnF? I would say 90%?
Old 01-20-2020, 06:37 PM
Aviak

Isn't this a complaint about the servers you play on?

Don't like it OP go play something else.
Old 01-20-2020, 06:55 PM
Fire Giant

I just don’t get it. I never had any complaints about the staff or the way the server was ran while I was playing. It’s a free fucking server, it blows my mind how entitled people can be.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:27 PM
Large Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shovelquest [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Isn't this a complaint about the servers you play on?

Don't like it OP go play something else.
I dont see it on the servers, but i do on here.
Maybe I should stop reading posts...
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by KungFusion; 01-20-2020 at 07:38 PM..
Old 01-20-2020, 07:44 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyTheMuss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just don’t get it. I never had any complaints about the staff or the way the server was ran while I was playing. It’s a free fucking server, it blows my mind how entitled people can be.
That right there is the problem. You can't have a criticism you can't offer feedback you can't have a different opinion or you get s*** like that on the forums from people who are frankly nothing but a troll. It's not a civilized discussion it's not a consideration of the point you might make in an argument against it it's always this outright dismissal with my way or the highway attitude. Frankly dude you are the problem here on the forums. Not me and not people like me who had concerns and disagreements.

we were trying to help. what are you doing?
Old 01-20-2020, 08:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malikail [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That right there is the problem. You can't have a criticism you can't offer feedback you can't have a different opinion or you get s*** like that on the forums from people who are frankly nothing but a troll. It's not a civilized discussion it's not a consideration of the point you might make in an argument against it it's always this outright dismissal with my way or the highway attitude. Frankly dude you are the problem here on the forums. Not me and not people like me who had concerns and disagreements.

we were trying to help. what are you doing?
You can have constructive opinions and feedback, but most of you whiners are trashing staff and ranting about how the server is dead.

You guys are very much the problem.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:05 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanFish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can have constructive opinions and feedback, but most of you whiners are trashing staff and ranting about how the server is dead.

You guys are very much the problem.
I'm only even hanging around watching because I understand that the community is an emergent system. Cramming a bunch of people into the same box doesn't build a community. A community can emerge from that or not depends on how stable the environment remains. My complaint has been from the beginning that blue had a really great and special community that no longer exists. I see people pushing and pushing for Server merges and this and that as if this Hotshot change or that Hotshot change will fix it but it won't. The only thing that will fix it is having a stable environment and time. I'm interested in seeing how it goes from here, could go either way depends on how much the players are interfere with or affected or change in the environment whatever term you want to use.
Old 01-20-2020, 08:19 PM
Planar Protector

OP forums do not even closely resemble in game! Once you come to terms with this you can have fun on both!
Old 01-20-2020, 08:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by KungFusion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I see that most posts about green/teal are complaints.
In reality, in game, i have not seen this negativy.
Dont like it? Please go play something else.
Enough good cooperative players around such that if you dont like P99 green, why do you still play?
How many of these postings should be in RnF? I would say 90%?
Agreed. I have 100% loved my experience in Game... I've played p1999 (& OG EQ) since the beginning and Green is the most amazing experience thus far (compares to OG EQ). Only reading posts on this forum have created doubts in my mind. For example, I was working on Testament of Vanear for 7 hours last night and I literally "panicked" when I saw a member of the "Seal Team" enter the zone because I imagined them mercilessly taking my spawn.... only based on the rumors and reputation they've gained (in forum or Reddit).

Evaluating my behavior in hindsight, how ridiculous and immature of me to assume the worst just because of "word-of-mouth" he said, she said bullshit.

I say: live this experience how you like it and do it for you. Stop focusing on everyone else and trying to save your personal vision of what the (EQ) world should be. It is what it is. Obviously every "famous" camp is camped... there was no P1999 wiki in 1999. It was new for all. We had hand-drawn maps and Allakhazam.
Those days are over. Min/Max info is widespread so just don't be a "try-hard" and enjoy the content that maybe you've never experienced when "your camps" are camped. News flash: "YOU" don't have or own any "CAMPS" in EQ. You participate in them. If they're camped... move on and get creative, or roleplay, or powerlevel someone, or just chat. Min/Max is not classic EQ at all. That's the World of Warcraft mindset. Nothing wrong with Min/Max unless you think that's "classic" because it logically isn't. The internet was barely invented in classic EverQuest, bud. You had a 56k modem and a CRT monitor with a viewport that was a straight up box and third person view was unplayable.

So 99% of complaints about "the camps" being perma-camped is stupid. Because in 1999 there was no knowledge of "the best camps". If you want THAT level of classic you have to go back in time, friend.

Besides the toxic comments I'll get for my post, I appreciate the overwhelming amount of people that agree with me because I know 99% of you do. Not because I'm right but because it's common sense we all know and sometimes just forget to admit.

Happy hunting and good journeys to you all!

Thank you for the p1999 team that continue this project and only make it better year after year for FREE. You devs are the true heroes of Norrath.

Cheers!
Last edited by eurekaent; 01-20-2020 at 09:02 PM..
Old 01-20-2020, 08:37 PM
Orc

Basing your conclusion of the player base on the forums, is like walking into a special needs classroom and basing your assessment of the entire school on that.
Closed Thread