Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2018, 09:27 PM
Planar Protector

wtf even pay to win korean mmos look better than this. clunky combat looks fucking terrible.
yikes

(disclaimer: this is not a personal attack to anyone who likes this game)
Last edited by SamwiseRed; 08-08-2018 at 09:29 PM..
Old 08-08-2018, 10:23 PM
Banned

the line of scrimmage
Old 08-09-2018, 08:27 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thiss does not look good at all looks like vanguard

another 20 years of eq1 for me I guess
You're not even going to consider it?
Old 08-09-2018, 08:34 PM
Planar Protector

I would play pantheon if it has a subscription pay wall, even though I agree it doesn’t look great. I’d give it a shot for a month or two

However, they are not making much progress at all. I don’t think it’s getting released, or by the time they’re done well all be in SkyNet
Old 08-09-2018, 10:15 PM
Planar Protector

eq next had some cool shit. too bad it got canned.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:05 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseRed [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
eq next had some cool shit. too bad it got canned.
It really did - there was a pvp video release that looked so shit though you could tell they'd cut the budget right down...and it looked nothing like that original trailer of the giant elemental/thing vs the kerran running from it.

Instead the dev streams were more like "look what this guy built on Landmark yowl" :/

I'm sure Daybreak was right to kick it aside and go all in on H1Z1 and the lootbox train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-10-2018, 12:30 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed, but that wasn't an MMO. MMO graphics never look all that great because they consider people using potato computers. FPS games often pushed the limits, "but can it play Crysis?" .. or at least FPS games did before some vocal consumers made their opinion heard. Now we have multiplatform, if my $2k PC can play it so can the $300 or whatever Xbox.
You can't put Crysis and Unreal in the same analogy. Sure, Unreal required a nice gaming rig at the time for high settings, but Crysis was a game that was notoriously unoptimized. Even to this day hardware will hiccup on it just because of the way it was designed. Last sentence has to do with the fact that publishers are creating games for consoles rather than PC's, so the intention of it being built around PC hardware is moot. I'd say this trend really kicked off in full throttle by 2008.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mblake1981 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just because you show up to school wearing weird clothes to be daring and different doesn't make you cool. And yes, complaints of no creativity are common but I think these people are the same ones that consider Transporter 2 to be a good movie.

"Bring back Moon Cats!"
Yeah generalize everything artistically into one group because there's only two extremes. You either look like Ned Flanders or you look like Bozo the Clown. Too bad EQ1 has no artistic merit outside of a bunch of stock D&D bargain bin concepts. And nothing wrong with moon cats, i mean we already had flying saucer parked in one of the major cities with the grey alien being worshiped as a God so that type of shit was in since the very start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm sure Daybreak was right to kick it aside and go all in on H1Z1 and the lootbox train [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The Everquest Next trailer didn't even break a million views before the game was cancelled and DBG pulled it off of youtube. Hell after two or so years it only hit 700k if I recall. That should be a glaring sign of just how relevant the EQ franchise is overall. Meanwhile games like H1Z1 garnered in hundreds of thousands of players. Well not anymore, Fornite and PUBG both redefined the survival sandbox genre and now the concurrent userbase for these games is in the 1-7k mark. SoE/DBG once again missed the mark and has no solid direction of where to take their games. They created h1z1 to profit off of the success DayZ but now they're actually contending with two very competent games and the only major money maker they had is now crumbling before them.
h1z1
https://steamcharts.com/app/433850
Just Survive
https://steamcharts.com/app/295110
Last edited by Bisonzabi; 08-10-2018 at 12:59 AM..
Old 08-10-2018, 12:21 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can't put Crysis and Unreal in the same analogy. Sure, Unreal required a nice gaming rig at the time for high settings, but Crysis was a game that was notoriously unoptimized. Even to this day hardware will hiccup on it just because of the way it was designed. Last sentence has to do with the fact that publishers are creating games for consoles rather than PC's, so the intention of it being built around PC hardware is moot. I'd say this trend really kicked off in full throttle by 2008.
I wasn't the guy bringing up FPS games in comparison to an MMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisonzabi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah generalize everything artistically into one group because there's only two extremes. You either look like Ned Flanders or you look like Bozo the Clown. Too bad EQ1 has no artistic merit outside of a bunch of stock D&D bargain bin concepts. And nothing wrong with moon cats, i mean we already had flying saucer parked in one of the major cities with the grey alien being worshiped as a God so that type of shit was in since the very start.
Last edited by Mblake81; 08-10-2018 at 12:25 PM.. Reason: meh
Old 08-10-2018, 03:47 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappers [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
it will cost $59.99 to consider it plus a monthly sub, if it looks bad before release how good can It be?
That early EQ footage. Had a good bit of the game shown at that point.

I think this has something to do with early access culture and seeing things before they have been worked out. The old saying is still true that you only get one first impression.

SirMuttonChops point stands that things might change. Patriam's post is what prompted me to link the pre-alpha eq footage. 3 years to market.
Old 08-10-2018, 08:41 PM
Kobold

yes cause p99 char models are so good...

People tent to just shoot down everything now adays... game is not even in alpha yet
Closed Thread