Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-30-2023, 09:19 PM
Fire Giant

In the past I've always gone with 25 Int/5 Sta because that Int helps on a brand new first character and Classic/Kunark era gear gives us a good bit of freedom to pick +HP items instead of +Int/Mana items. I don't remember it exactly, but 2012-2015 Blue Sess sat somewhere around 200 Int but had 1.8k-1.9k HP. Come Velious though, so many of the best +HP items are also +Int/Mana items, so there's no real trade off going on.

I've been toying with both Dex and Sta necro, and related to what I said earlier, both feel to me like they play better as twinked characters. That 85 Int is just rough on one's mana capacity in the early to mid game when the character doesn't have enough cash together to get good Int items in addition to the more important big +HP items.

Edit: For a bit of fun while camping AC, I decided to put together my item of choice for each slot and then figure out the ideal starting stats if I were to somehow get every one of those items. Starting stats: +12 Dex, +14 Intelligence, +4 Strength. STA will always be greater than 255, but Int will hit exactly 255 and Dex will hit exactly 240 for 31 average seconds per proc (couldn't get 255 for 30), and Strength will hit 207. I guess I'll try that for my next necro!
Last edited by Uteunayr; 09-30-2023 at 09:46 PM..