Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-25-2020, 10:09 AM
Kobold

bumping this because its so freaking great. Its like a new game - Classic but not a blurry mess. Now a gorgeous Norrath! after a few days playing with this, running through many zones (im on Green so only tested Classic zones), I havent seen any problems. Everything is vibrant and detailed in retro gaming visual wonderfulness. And on average i'm seeing ~4-6 sec increase zone loading times with game installed on a average SSD.

FINALLY THE GAME LOOKS LIKE THE BOX ART PROMISED! only took 20 years... hehe

thanks again
Old 02-25-2020, 11:06 PM
Aviak

Glad you liked it, still working on details. clearing up some signs in FP and Qeynos. testing Velious, correcting water bitmaps.. The original blue water doesn't work so well but I'm keeping that in. I have a second download for water that doesn't have black and lines here soon, the stuff i have on wiki right now was a test but it still doesn't sit right. going with what i did in Lake rath. Finding that there are some NPC's that should have transparencies even in OG file that even the Trans fix does not fix correctly. I am still trying to get an NPC model viewer or lanternEQ to work, as I do not want to mess up any Epic mobs.
Old 02-26-2020, 11:01 PM
Aviak

I'd love to give this a shot. Where are the install instructions? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-27-2020, 12:13 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by paronga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'd love to give this a shot. Where are the install instructions? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you just drag them into your EQ install folder ... and then choose to Replace/Overwrite when prompted
Old 02-27-2020, 08:09 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by paronga [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can also check out the wiki and the whole project.

Wiki
Old 03-02-2020, 11:51 PM
Aviak

Classic, Kunark, Planes & Velious are completed. All Character, Zone, Object files are upscaled. A few things in Classic were repaired such as the Map wall in Freeport, and several signs in Qeynos; some signs that were difficult to read or were severely pixilated. Kunark had a few minor corrections as well. Velious has been completed and zones, objects tested. All textures were upscaled and repaired.

I am still unable to test all NPC's outside of game so epic/rare mobs were unable to be seen by myself. If there are any transparency issues or texture/color problems post them here and i'll look into it and correct the problem.

I feel like I'm done with this project as of now, almost 3 months of pretty much everyday tweaking these files. I'm spent on this for now, but if you do find issues that I can fix please don't hesitate and post and I'll do my best.

Highres 4X HD wiki

quick rundown there are 4 downloads in total and will add aprox 7.5GB in total to your main P99 folder

Main files 3 folder (open each folder extract to main P99 folder overwrite) 7GB
Water files 2GB (66 zone files with new water overwrite after main)
Moon/Stars (drag and drop resources folder into p99 overwrite) 200Kb
Tradeskill objects/Pets (keeps EQClassicHD intact but adds to it mage pets not classic) 140Mb
Old 03-03-2020, 04:41 AM
Aviak

Looks great! Installed them last weekend.

Mage Fire pet is my fav so far. thing looks mean!
Old 03-03-2020, 05:05 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalystryxVoF [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Looks great! Installed them last weekend.

Mage Fire pet is my fav so far. thing looks mean!
Yeah I love it to, this update fixes some fouled textures in many zones, so you may want to re-download and update won't need globals though. Only updated main 4X files and new water
Old 03-03-2020, 02:26 PM
Kobold

Thumbs up

thanks again man. rest up, push away from your work and admire it. Great job. have like 10 of my friends and guildmates using it and they cant shutup about how much more they enjoy the game. Really appreciate your effort.

Go actually play the game now hehe
Old 03-03-2020, 04:27 PM
Sarnak

TYVM for this op.