Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 03:45 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also could just have a account logged in all the time at his place of business. I mean at my job i could easily set a toon up to run 24/7 doing this is someone tells me how to do it :P
or the guy pays for static IP addresses...
Old 03-28-2013, 03:59 PM
Fire Giant

My attention to detail needs some work I suppose. The URL is clearly visible in the screenshot. http://eekwong.eqlog.jit.su/
Old 03-28-2013, 04:12 PM
Planar Protector

How is paying for a Live EC feed any different for paying for another in game service such as a 96% rez or a MQ?

Suddenly RMT services turned legit?

Something to think about.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My attention to detail needs some work I suppose. The URL is clearly visible in the screenshot. http://eekwong.eqlog.jit.su/
You have to login and only get info if you pay. Going to the site does nothing but show you what you would be paying for.
Old 03-28-2013, 04:27 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thulack [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You have to login and only get info if you pay. Going to the site does nothing but show you what you would be paying for.
Exactly, I was just posting it because of the discussion going on in here. It is very clear that you need to send him a tell, and pay him plat to get login info.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:55 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
As a matter of fact I have bought OEM versions of Windows. None of them came with a piece of hardware...If you can actually find one on newegg that does, go ahead and link it. The disclaimer hasn't changed in years from what I can tell.
I've bought OEM software since WinME (ugh, I had to go and remember that). Every single one has come with a piece of small computer hardware. Never did they list in the description that hardware came with it. But every time it was there, in the box. Maybe they do it for giggles... oh, wait...

Quote:
Companies keep compliant with Microsoft's rules by bundling OEM versions with a token piece of hardware, like a cable.
Last time I'll make this last point, then I'll just let people repeat their counter-argument to infinity and beyond. The platinum being paid to access the in-game resource (logs) isn't for the software or hardware running the site, its for the logs. You can argue about that being a loophole, or it being lame... but its valid.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidoof [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've bought OEM software since WinME (ugh, I had to go and remember that). Every single one has come with a piece of small computer hardware. Never did they list in the description that hardware came with it. But every time it was there, in the box. Maybe they do it for giggles... oh, wait...

Last time I'll make this last point, then I'll just let people repeat their counter-argument to infinity and beyond. The platinum being paid to access the in-game resource (logs) isn't for the software or hardware running the site, its for the logs. You can argue about that being a loophole, or it being lame... but its valid.
Maybe the OEM versions have come with a cable or something I completely forgot about, but you are comparing real world commerce with laws and regulations that include loopholes that can be exploited.

We are talking about Project 1999, this kind of argument does not hold up. If it did, RMT bans would never happen because the trades could always be defended by declaring that you aren't buying what you are actually buying.

Once again, I need to give this guy plat to get access to this website. That is ultimately the only exchange that happens between players in game.
Last edited by Gadwen; 03-28-2013 at 06:20 PM..
Old 03-28-2013, 06:29 PM
Planar Protector

You can only trade plat for items, accounts, or services on the blue or red server. This is a service outside of those servers. I hate to be that guy, but idk dudes.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:36 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can only trade plat for items, accounts, or services on the blue or red server. This is a service outside of those servers. I hate to be that guy, but idk dudes.
It looks like a service ON the server to me. Your paying for the service of having a toon in EC tunnel feeding you logs. You just have to access the logs through a 3rd party. But your still paying Ingame for Ingame service/information.
Old 03-28-2013, 06:58 PM
Aviak

Quote:
We are talking about Project 1999, this kind of argument does not hold up. If it did, RMT bans would never happen because the trades could always be defended by declaring that you aren't buying what you are actually buying.
Are RMT bans a product of investigative work? Maybe someone with some first hand knowledge can answer, but I thought they were mostly products of someone involved spilling the beans. I suppose large plat transfers are suspect, but how do you differentiate a loan or a gift from an RMT with just logs? What about giving login info to someone else? I'm not saying that RMT is legit, or that we shouldn't try to stop it. Far from it. I'm just saying they are probably already 'he said/she said' battles (again, someone else can confirm/deny this- expert witness!). I just don't think this would lube up any of the slippery slopes you envision.

Even beyond that, if we can't use a valid legal system (especially that of the country which the game is hosted from) as a blueprint for arbitration, what can we use? If it was my system, I'd say the Cardassian legal system, but I'm not Rogean/Nilbog.

The rest of the post that I didn't quote, please see the thing I posted a few times that I promised I wouldn't post again.
Last edited by Bidoof; 03-28-2013 at 06:59 PM.. Reason: Forgot a point.
Closed Thread