Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:06 AM
Kobold

Subscription based, when there is a free one... Nice job. Good way to try and cash in, loser. How about you throw the eqemu people your plat too, since they've done this all for free for you. What a fuckin jerkoff.
Last edited by Kieu; 03-29-2013 at 11:08 AM..
Old 03-29-2013, 11:47 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by windo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All these "technically" statements like a cute little young lawyer won't change the fact that what you're describing is using 2 characters for personal gain aka 2-boxing. If we're in the realm of "technically" then "technically" the idle character is generating platinum by uploading his log. How is that different from farming seafuries on one character and raiding on another?
This is an interesting point. The rule states that there must be one real person per logged in account. Now if my friend lets me run EQ on his PC all day so that I can have a bot sitting in EC while I play my main, that means I have access to and the advantage of two accounts at once correct? Unless of course my friend is actually active in game, and he is donating his time to help me make more plat.

Now im sure this will be equated to having someone sell an item for you in EC or something along those lines, the only issue is that that can't happen unless that other person is actually at the comp and playing.

Not sure if it really could be a 2box ban, but its an interesting point nonethless.

The fact still remains that the only in game transaction going on for this service is plat being exchanged for a login to private website.

Could we please get a GM to settle this? If its allowable I would love to setup a "CC any zone in the game and check any spawn in the game live feed website"
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by windo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
like a cute little young lawyer
Why thank you.

Quote:
won't change the fact that what you're describing is using 2 characters for personal gain aka 2-boxing. If we're in the realm of "technically" then "technically" the idle character is generating platinum by uploading his log. How is that different from farming seafuries on one character and raiding on another?
Wifeaggro, the guy who made this, has already said that he has a friend or two who keep their characters logged in for this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wifeaggro [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I have a friend who has a character and afk in EC

EDIT: for real, I have few more friends being the client side just in case one of the clients disconnected or crashed
Someone who has been on the server longer than I can fix this analogy for me, if its inaccurate. I remember reading forum posts about mages farming kills while afk by keeping a pet on spawn points, before some nerf changed that. This would be like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The fact still remains that the only in game transaction going on for this service is plat being exchanged for a login to private website.
This is now a fact? I once again refer to the statement I've already made about this that I promised to stop bringing up but apparently can't.

Quote:
Could we please get a GM to settle this? If its allowable I would love to setup a "CC any zone in the game and check any spawn in the game live feed website"
That would be an awesome website for some people. I personally wouldn't use it (just like I wouldn't use my client's), but still a good idea. I'd be interested to hear how you'd do it within the established rules of the server.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:01 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadwen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How are you going to get a character in every zone in the game to obtain the logs for that?
Old 03-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bidoof [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is now a fact? I once again refer to the statement I've already made about this that I promised to stop bringing up but apparently can't.
No its definitely not a fact, because he is sending all this info in tells right? Your not getting access to a website or anything else right? This entire service takes place in game right? I must have completely misunderstood whats going on here! Give me a break dude.

The excuses you have listed for this being a legit service just don't stand up here, and even if they did my statement would still be a fact. You can continue to imagine that this service he is running does not function the way it clearly does, I'll wait for a GM to weight in.
Last edited by Gadwen; 03-29-2013 at 12:13 PM..
Old 03-29-2013, 12:18 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Give me a break
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

That's all I had to add, since the rest is just more of the same, with a dash of sarcasm for flavor. We'll just have to agree that we both read the rules differently. This debate really ended a couple of pages ago, but it was still fun.

Also, now I want pizza for lunch, for some reason.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Aviak

so this guy is asking for plat offers to use his program he wrote? RMT
Old 03-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Aviak

this motherfucker deserves to get banned, you are not allowed to offer services outside of the game for platinum, get the fuck out of here
Old 03-29-2013, 12:29 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarena [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this motherfucker deserves to get banned, you are not allowed to offer services outside of the game for platinum, get the fuck out of here
Calm down skippy, we're less likely to get a GM response if you go all Tourette's on us.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:35 PM
Kobold

Holy crap I thought I would be coming back to play EQ with the same people from classic but more grown up. A lot of uptight individuals up in this place.
Closed Thread