Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Default So when did everyone make 100 alts to camp every raid target at once?

I've been gone quite a while and I didn't expect to come back to this. This isn't even the same game anymore, with batphones, people being able to buy as many alts as they want and then camp them at every target...

There's so much drama and rage and bragging and flaming and for what? Because some people can drop everything and log in faster than others, or some people have too much free time and can level 10 alts or camp enough cash to buy them?

It's stupid and I can't be the only one WTFing over this.

How about we have some REAL competition and raiding guilds only raid with one character (or SOMETHING, limit #s, I dunno), because honestly, you all look like idiots bragging over who got what when there's really no competition or skill involved whatsoever. I for one am not going to bother leveling 15 different characters for this crap, it's stupid and I have better things to do with my time.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I have no idea what kind of practical solution there is to this, but it's lame.

TL;DR: Raid scene is retarded.

PS: Don't care about raiding or getting mobs (at least not in this environment) superlol
Last edited by Sinlea; 04-15-2013 at 01:00 PM.. Reason: clarification
Old 04-15-2013, 12:57 PM
Planar Protector

take a hike then, bub

you and yours are to blame
Old 04-15-2013, 01:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by quido
Jeremy Irons The Mystic - 60 Shaman
Bruce Lee - 60 Monk
Redonk Ulysses - 60 Bard
Beavis Christ - 52 Cleric
Skippy - Bard
One day you will look back and cringe at how immersed you are in P99.

And I know you have like 15 other characters that you're not listing in the sig.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

It was funny, the account I sold with Swish on it a couple of years ago. The new owner saw that I'd made an alt called "Swishh" but hadn't caught on that it wasn't the same character and accused me of hacking the account back, but in a really "oh well, never mind" type way.

Clearly those buying the accounts have amassed platinum beyond a lot of casual players wildest dreams. Good for them, if they've got the time...most people who don't have hours to play every day most probably wish they could devote more time to playing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

What I don't like, as a high end cleric, is seeing epic MQs available for big plat... the bottleneck for cleric epics has always been an issue but it really shouldn't be these days, if not for the fact that the MQs make a fortune and there's a market out there for people to just have a L20 cleric with their epic finished.

Ban MQs? It would stop the lazy throwing plat at the guilds who then buy all these accounts up.

It must be said though, I've sold an account and am therefore a part of the problem as much as anyone else who has [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 04-15-2013, 01:13 PM
Planar Protector

Yes, it's retarded and completely un-classic.

The only way to get rid of it at this point would be to pre-announce raid mob spawn times (at least 1 hour out) and enable PvP in raid zones until the target mob has been killed.

Totally un-classic, but an un-classic problem requires an un-classic solution, and this would be the simplest and allow the most competition between guilds.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Meh, everyone has known what the rules are for raiding and the kind of mobilization and organization that it takes to be the best and for quite awhile. It wouldn't matter if alts were allowed or not(and it's a silly notion to complain about people having alts imho), the top guilds would still be the top guilds.

Seems far too late to want to change anything too major about the raid scene imho. Anybody who wanted to leave for a server that worked differently, should've left at this point. Believe it or not, there are lots of people who actually like the competition that mobilization and the mechanics on this server bring.

Honestly, don't pay too much attention to RnF. It's just fun for a lot of people to exchange verbal blows in the spirit of keeping the hate strong and the competition fierce. Without the hate and competition, I can only imagine that TMO wouldn't be enjoying dominating a server repop as much as they did some months ago when it was expected. I can also only imagine that many FE members have never felt as much joy in EQ as they have training TMO in VP(even if just slowing them down) and getting those trak kills over TMO.
Last edited by skipdog; 04-15-2013 at 01:25 PM..
Old 04-15-2013, 01:20 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexenu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it's retarded and completely un-classic.

The only way to get rid of it at this point would be to pre-announce raid mob spawn times (at least 1 hour out) and enable PvP in raid zones until the target mob has been killed.

Totally un-classic, but an un-classic problem requires an un-classic solution, and this would be the simplest and allow the most competition between guilds.
You sir, are on the wrong server.

Carsomyr - 55 Pally - Retired
Thalon - 49 Rogue - Temporarily Benched
Contagious - Necro - 30's and climbing
Lights - 55 Wiz - Occasional Murderer
Old 04-15-2013, 01:31 PM
Planar Protector

Have the raid targets spawn in different zones and different locations. Want to make it even more challenging, make them untrackable, invisible, can zone, and port.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:49 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have the raid targets spawn in different zones and different locations. Want to make it even more challenging, make them untrackable, invisible, can zone, and port.
This is a great idea.
Old 04-15-2013, 01:50 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by eqravenprince [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And on different servers.

"I found Trak! He's in CB on Hidden Forest!"
Closed Thread