Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2018, 02:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default You Can Not Claim It All

So I am on my twink rogue in Unrest, LFG and finding full groups. I see a group in MR and another group of a cleric & mage @ FP, with a level 52 monk dressed in blue powerleveling them.

I hide/sneak through to see what all is up and what all I can take. I noticed that the Reanimated Hand is an even con and is not being taken out for a solid 10 minutes. A solid 10 minutes! I also notice that the entire reclusive ghoul magus room is up and only later find out this "group" had claim to the barkeep room as well. They literally owned everything!

I did not think it was a big deal to pull the hand, since it had been up for over 10 minutes, but it was an issue for this powerleveler who had claim to the entire upper Unrest, killing it or not, sitting in the room or not, able to take it out as it spawns or not.

It really pisses me off that this level 52 monk decided to KS me (level 22) because I "took" from them a mob that they ignored for 10+ minutes while they also "claimed" a room of 5 spawms but were too slow/stupid to notice. It is ridiculous. And I seriously doubt /petition does anything about these "minor" issues.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:24 AM
Fire Giant

moving to red server you could just kill them
Old 10-29-2018, 02:27 AM
Fire Giant

No, they certainly can't claim spawns they aren't actively killing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-29-2018, 02:29 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tverian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I am on my twink rogue in Unrest, LFG and finding full groups. I see a group in MR and another group of a cleric & mage @ FP, with a level 52 monk dressed in blue powerleveling them.

I hide/sneak through to see what all is up and what all I can take. I noticed that the Reanimated Hand is an even con and is not being taken out for a solid 10 minutes. A solid 10 minutes! I also notice that the entire reclusive ghoul magus room is up and only later find out this "group" had claim to the barkeep room as well. They literally owned everything!

I did not think it was a big deal to pull the hand, since it had been up for over 10 minutes, but it was an issue for this powerleveler who had claim to the entire upper Unrest, killing it or not, sitting in the room or not, able to take it out as it spawns or not.

It really pisses me off that this level 52 monk decided to KS me (level 22) because I "took" from them a mob that they ignored for 10+ minutes while they also "claimed" a room of 5 spawms but were too slow/stupid to notice. It is ridiculous. And I seriously doubt /petition does anything about these "minor" issues.
You can take any empty room you want, ESPECIALLY if they aren’t keeping mobs down.
Old 10-29-2018, 02:41 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkanjil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No, they certainly can't claim spawns they aren't actively killing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you remember the L52's name? Sounds like an alt of someone who does Naggy/Vox... I'd petition them.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:11 AM
Planar Protector

Name and shame. That behavior is decidedly uncool.
Old 10-29-2018, 03:48 AM
Sarnak

Was he in a guild?? name em and petition it. I read in a prior forum that power leveling in prime time in leveling zones such as unrest, mistmoore ect is very much frowned upon and GM encouraged behavior like that to be petitioned.. and at the end of the day.. why be a dick honestly..

Per Rogean...

Arbitration / Camps
In issues of disruptions or interference such as a camp dispute, players are required to work together to reach a compromise.

If this cannot be accomplished prior to the involvement of a Project 1999 CSR Staff Member, the CSR will mandate a solution. A CSR Solution is final and not open to debate. Refusal to abide by the direction of a CSR will result in account disciplinary for disruptive behavior.

Due to the busy nature of the CSR and possible lack of factual information, the solution reached may not be to the best interest of both parties (a "lose-lose" situation). It is for this reason that players are highly suggested to reach a compromise on their own.

The Project 1999 Staff does not define what constitutes a camp, and disputes are arbitrated on a case by case basis. A CSR's ruling may be different than previous rulings based on any number of circumstances, including (but not limited to) players involved and their history, behavior / attitude of the players, and facts gathered by the CSR.

In general, a player should maintain a presence at or very near the spawn of the camp they are intending to hold, while keeping the placeholders of any relevant spawns dead. It is allowed to 'camp' multiple areas if there are no other players interested in doing so, however if another party is interested in moving into one of your camps, you must chose which one to keep and maintain your presence there.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Monknificent.

It is just crap that nothing will happen :\

This level 52 engaged with the intention to make sure I did not get experience because they believed they had priority to every single npc that they could leave up for 10+ minutes or however long. And the fucking GMs will do nothing about enforcing their own rules.

That is what pisses me off.
Old 10-29-2018, 04:23 AM
Aviak

I can see your frustration, but saying ‘fucking GMs’ will certainly not turn the situation in to your favor
Old 10-29-2018, 04:27 AM
Fire Giant

Fraps, petition forum. Venting on rnf will not have the effect you expect.