Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-01-2020, 10:10 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Stuck @ SMS verification

I am trying to reset a loginserver password for an account I haven't used in a few years.
I logged into my forum account. Found the reset password option and clicked it. It says I need SMS verification, so I click that next. I enter my phone number, confirm that it is correct and then was taken to this:

Step 3 - Account Security
SMS Verficiation
An SMS Verification Code was sent to the number you provided.
Please enter the provided code below to complete verification.

SMS Verification Code:

I waited at that screen for 20 minutes but I did not recieved an SMS verification Code. So I tried to go back to the SMS verification code link and try again. Unfortunately it only returns me to the same page(shown above). I am unable to retype the phone number or try another phone number.

I searched the forum and found that this has been an issue several times with this method of recovery and it takes a few days for it to be fixed. Is there not a way to verify by the email address linked to the account?
Old 08-29-2021, 09:17 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Make sure the Pop.in app's Push Notifications are turned on, as this will prevent the SMS from arriving on both iOS and Android. Check to see if your cell device blocks SMS from unknown contacts; if it does, the SMS received from the short number may be blocked. Close the app and reopen it. If it's still not working, you could try and get a temp phone number UK, and use to get the code on it. I often use this feature and it saved me a lot of times.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Make sure the Pop.in app's Push Notifications are turned on, as this will prevent the SMS from arriving on both iOS and Android. Check to see if your cell device blocks SMS from unknown contacts; if it does, the SMS received from the short number may be blocked. Close the app and reopen it. If it's still not working, you could try and get a temp phone number UK, and use to get the code on it. I often use this feature and it saved me a lot of times.
Old 09-08-2022, 08:06 AM
Large Bat

I have tied all my accounts, to my VoIP number, as it is connected to another network and is more secure. It is convenient because being even in another city, I can without any difficulty authenticate and log in to any of my accounts through the phone. I would advise you to get such a number, or at least find more info about Use Chalkboard, as it is a very useful thing.
Old 03-10-2024, 03:03 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hi! This happened to me once, let me help you: first ensure that Push Notifications for the Pop.in app are enabled, as this can hinder the receipt of SMS on both iOS and Android devices. Verify whether your mobile device is set to block SMS from unknown senders; such settings may prevent messages from short codes from being received. Try closing and then reopening the app. If the issue persists (it could though), consider obtaining a virtual number to receive the verification code.