Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 06-21-2020, 02:38 PM
Banned

how can I use the dev builds?
Old 06-22-2020, 02:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by VII [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how can I use the dev builds?
So, nparse is written in python, but the stable release version has been compiled from the source code into a windows binary you can just run on it's own.

To use the dev builds you would need to install python onto your computer, and download and either run the nparse source code in python or use python to build your own windows binary. You would also need to install a few python package dependencies that nparse needs using pip, Mirox created a requirements file to help.

If this sounds daunting you might want to stick to the stable release until Mirox is happy enough with his code to release a new windows binary. You can see all the various dev tree source code commits on github. .

https://github.com/nomns/nparse/commits/dev

Personally I've had no problems with the 06/06/20 e905d7a2afa39530106ef3ffe987f57db9537609 tree so far but I've not messed around with custom triggers yet.
Old 07-01-2020, 04:30 PM
Sarnak

Damn this looks sick; definitely going to install this tonight.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:42 PM
Banned

can someone compile a windows 10 64bit usable app from the code for me please? i'm so excited to use the new version, been using 0.51 since release almost 2 years now. i know mirox is close, but using anything newer right now would be awesome until his full release comes out! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by VII; 07-01-2020 at 10:44 PM..
Old 07-02-2020, 10:20 PM
Banned

Custom triggers are not working for me. I set up one for Jboots with the trigger Your feet feel quick. However its not showing up. Any ideas?
Old 07-03-2020, 11:10 AM
Aviak

Mirox,

Although I don't normally need them, I tried a custom trigger to see if I had the same issue as FipYDarkPaw and sadly, I also had a problem.

What I did was:

settings
triggers
right click new package jboot
right click new trigger name jboot trigger
trigger text Your feet feel quick.
timer enabled
text jboot buff

no joy and found the same when I tried with a trigger regex ^.*Your feet feel quick.*$

In the old version you had to turn something on to get custom triggers, but my profiles/eqlog_charname.json looked like the package was enabled.

Are we both doing something wrong and if not can you reproduce this? Am happy to upload files or try and debug version if it will help.

-m
Old 07-05-2020, 06:08 AM
Orc

Windows defender goes nuts when I try to run your exe. 0_o

Specifically defenders shows Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml found and automatically deletes then extracted folder, then the downloaded zip, then triggers a full device scan.
Last edited by JohnPublic; 07-05-2020 at 06:14 AM..
Old 07-11-2020, 12:35 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Not able to run this either, as soon as nparse.exe is run it pauses for a good 5-10 secs, an error message flashes then deletes the .exe file.
Old 07-11-2020, 12:28 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not able to run this either, as soon as nparse.exe is run it pauses for a good 5-10 secs, an error message flashes then deletes the .exe file.
Well disable defender while playing the game or make exception. (I'm not using windows so I can't advise, how to)

nparse is safe. But wrapper, the part that make it *.exe and defender don't work together nice.

There is another way, you can run nparse manually (like we all do it on Linux) but you need to install python programing language first, then you need to install few libraries next then you can run script. Personally, if I would run windows, I would just disable defender while playing this game.

Edit: I just recalled, new version, doesn not trigger defender response. So another option is to wait on new version and don't use nparse in the mean time
Last edited by pivo; 07-11-2020 at 12:32 PM..
Old 07-11-2020, 12:30 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnPublic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Specifically defenders shows Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.C!ml found and automatically deletes then extracted folder, then the downloaded zip, then triggers a full device scan.
Just for your info, nparse is safe, it can be run manually as Python script. Disable defender during game play or create exception, if defender allows it. I'm so happy I don't have to mess with windows crap for last few years [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Virus? What's that?!? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]