Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default DoT messages

As far as I recall, at one point you would get messages about your Damage over Time spells each tick that did damage to your target. I'm not getting those messages and I don't see a way to turn them on. Am I not remembering this correctly? Is there a way to turn them on?

Thanks!
Old 03-01-2020, 02:03 PM
Planar Protector

It seems, according to patch notes, that DoT damage notifications were added after Velious and therefore after the scope of Project 1999. They were therefore removed. They cannot be turned on and will never be re-enabled.
Old 03-02-2020, 12:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It seems, according to patch notes, that DoT damage notifications were added after Velious and therefore after the scope of Project 1999. They were therefore removed. They cannot be turned on and will never be re-enabled.
Never say never: pet windows are post-Velious and they're on Blue.

However, IIRC DoT messages are significantly later, and thus have a significantly lesser chance of coming back here.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-02-2020, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ht=Damage+time

It was introduced in a July 2003 patch. This is 2 months before LDoN launches. For reference some players had soloed Venril Sathir, Trakanon and Gorenaire by this point in the games timeline. That’s how out of era this feature is.

Also for reference that’s the same patch that introduced scroll wheel to 3rd person in EverQuest. I hope the powers that be here can agree to disable that overpowered feature in the Titanium Client on all their servers. It’s far too convenient for having a wider view of your environment and trivializes many camps.
Old 03-02-2020, 08:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

It was introduced in a July 2003 patch. This is 2 months before LDoN launches. For reference some players had soloed Venril Sathir, Trakanon and Gorenaire by this point in the games timeline. That’s how out of era this feature is.

Also for reference that’s the same patch that introduced scroll wheel to 3rd person in EverQuest. I hope the powers that be here can agree to disable that overpowered feature in the Titanium Client on all their servers. It’s far too convenient for having a wider view of your environment and trivializes many camps.

All i can say here is OMG how ever will GMs be able to enforce Play Nice Policy if you're recording you must submit doesn't give 3rd view -- they will never have a good idea of what's going on.
Old 03-02-2020, 10:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Geeze.... you're like Hitler, but even Hitler loved Germany or something.
Old 03-05-2020, 12:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:

Scroll wheel 3rd person does make the game easier. Having spent time forced without it, I can easily say without it improves the RP feel. Make norrath classic again!
Closed Thread