Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 07:54 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
1) It was a generic insult, as in git gud at life, as in don't be a scrub that whines about the inequities in life, but rather, improves themselves to better the odds.

2) There is absolutely skill involved in this game, or any game for that matter, and you damn well know it. There are people that can play their characters like a symphony conductor and then there are people that keyboard turn, don't macro, click spells and can't find their way through EC with a map and a tour guide. They have poor reaction timing, limited spatial awareness, zero knowledge of game mechanics, and no desire to improve any of those attributes but would rather complain about how terribly unfair it all is.

Shit players absolutely exist in this game, and odds are, if you have never spotted one... it's you.
Has this sumbitch been spying on me for the last 8 years ??? wtf

<Insert SweetAss Sig Here>
Mrtwig
Mrshamtastik
Mrlich
Mrmez
Old 10-05-2018, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by XeroKill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
then there are people that keyboard turn
Shit, i've been keyboard turning in EQ since 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] in fact, i just re-installed P99 on my new computer after 3 years and was having trouble controlling my character and couldn't figure out why until I realized i had my arrow keys set to strafe instead of turn. I also click spells and hotbuttons. I'm terrible at this game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 10-05-2018, 10:15 AM
Sarnak

Yendor's also the type of guy that will AFK-tank the AC with a shovel for three years just to deny the server of a JBoots source for that long.

Just a nasty guy all-around, folks.
Old 10-05-2018, 10:33 AM
Fire Giant

to OP if you still reading this.

Just use sow potions. over the life your character their will be very few instances where Jboots will make the difference over a sow potion. By the time your toon is higher level(to take advantage of jboots more frequently ) you can just camp the OT Ac and get your boots.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Nilbog:

" I'll keep making classic changes when I can, regardless if people threaten to quit. I'm here to recreate classic eq; not to make people happy."
Old 10-05-2018, 10:48 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Shit, i've been keyboard turning in EQ since 1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] in fact, i just re-installed P99 on my new computer after 3 years and was having trouble controlling my character and couldn't figure out why until I realized i had my arrow keys set to strafe instead of turn. I also click spells and hotbuttons. I'm terrible at this game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
HAH! Me too man.. I don't have a special UI installed. I still click each spell, and my macro's don't get any more complicated than an incoming message.. I am also terrible at this game [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] But that's how i like to play!!
Old 10-05-2018, 11:51 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YendorLootmonkey [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best way to level up sense heading (and forage if you have the skill). I can and do mouse-look, but at least 50% of the time I'm hitting that A or D button to turn.
Old 10-05-2018, 12:00 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moerne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Best way to level up sense heading (and forage if you have the skill). I can and do mouse-look, but at least 50% of the time I'm hitting that A or D button to turn.
Mouse look, Q and E for strafe, bind skills to Q and E... still don't need to keyboard turn and you get your skill ups. This also leaves ASD open for additional hotbutton action. 2 simple rebinds makes 100% of the difference in precision and control. I suggest you guys force yourself to try it for a week, you will not regret it. It will feel really bad at first, and you will have to break habits, but the payout is significant.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
1) It was a generic insult, as in git gud at life, as in don't be a scrub that whines about the inequities in life, but rather, improves themselves to better the odds.

2) There is absolutely skill involved in this game, or any game for that matter, and you damn well know it. There are people that can play their characters like a symphony conductor and then there are people that keyboard turn, don't macro, click spells and can't find their way through EC with a map and a tour guide. They have poor reaction timing, limited spatial awareness, zero knowledge of game mechanics, and no desire to improve any of those attributes but would rather complain about how terribly unfair it all is.

Shit players absolutely exist in this game, and odds are, if you have never spotted one... it's you.
Meh, I’ve seen shitty players. The thing is, you have to be really dumb to be bad at this game. And there’s only so “good” you can be, excepting perhaps enchanters. That’s a class with a high skill cap.
Old 10-05-2018, 05:00 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Mouse look, Q and E for strafe, bind skills to Q and E... still don't need to keyboard turn and you get your skill ups. This also leaves ASD open for additional hotbutton action. 2 simple rebinds makes 100% of the difference in precision and control. I suggest you guys force yourself to try it for a week, you will not regret it. It will feel really bad at first, and you will have to break habits, but the payout is significant.
I can't turn sharp enough without using keyboard turn and mouse look simultaneously. I have my mouse sensitivity maxed. I was still getting caught on corners pulling Mistmoore for the level 30-somethings. I had to switch to keyboard turn before I had to ask a newbie in banded armor to come corpse drag my level 60 ass out of a castle full of level 30 mobs.

Last edited by YendorLootmonkey; 10-05-2018 at 05:02 PM..
Old 10-05-2018, 05:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yendor's also the type of guy that will AFK-tank the AC with a shovel for three years just to deny the server of a JBoots source for that long.

Just a nasty guy all-around, folks.
I'm a ranger... it would be the next guy's turn within the first five minutes of me AFK-Tanking.

Closed Thread