Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2020, 02:31 AM
Banned

seb and east karana all day
Old 07-29-2020, 09:12 AM
Aviak

Mistmoore.

I remember exploring it in Vanilla in the days before reliable online maps and we were truly terrified. We got lost inside the castle and there was a very real possibility we could die and lose all our stuff.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:21 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My personal favorite is North Karana. I love the Karanas because I love the mortal aspect of EQ, when bears and dogs are the biggest threat. North Karana is chock full of named creatures to hunt that drop rare and cool loot for early EQ too, it's got cool bridges, two of em! Druid circles, gypsies camps, wizard spires and crazy gnome quests. It's just an all around fun zone that is rarely part of the main path.

Im curious and this pandemic got me wanting social interactions with groups of people so can we please discuss this useless topic?
I think I can probably put a top 3 or 5 but not just one.

Favorite City: Neriak - Definitely one of my favorite all-time zones. My first character was a Dark Elf. The multiple zones, the R.A. Salvatore/Forgotten Realms vibes to the layout of the underground caverns with neon lighting"faerie fire". The secret hallways and doors and tunnels.... The hierarchy with the trolls ogres humans and even halflings in the foreign quarter. Let's not forget the music.

Kelethin a close runner-up. I've made many wood elves and the music and atmosphere really hit the spot.

Favorite Dungeon: Across my collective experiences it has to be Guk as a whole when factoring in hiding places, the dual live-side/deadside faction, exciting loot, and just overall number of camps and parts of the zone to learn. From a PVP past, this zone was heaven for my monk or rogue to roam through.

I'd put Sebilis at number 2 for similar reasons as above, but a lot less "freedom" to roam as getting tagged by a few mobs is game over whereas you could pretty freely invis/ivu through Lguk without too much hassle. Not to say there wasnt opportunity to wipeout groups at zone-in with Inner Flame/Duelist....

Favorite Outdoor Zone: Really tough choice so I'll let nostalgia take the wheel - Eruds Crossing. I like this zone because it was the first time I tried to really make some plat/grind some xp past the teens on my warrior on live back in 2000. I was a level 13 wood elf warrior, and traveled across the world without a teleport and was bound in qeynos after multiple CR's across the karanas/high pass. Once I arrived the journey was all worth it, your on this tropical island with music I've never heard of before, killing glowing wisps knowing id get even more XP and plat turning in the GLS's to gypsies in NK. Felt like I had found a little known treasure island, and I loved that zone. I don't go back there often strangely enough, it's quite niche and out of the way.

Runner-Up: East Commonlands, I just spent so much damn time here on live leveling toons. If I made an alt, I was usually figuring out a way to get them bound in freeport to get into orc camp 1 on live. The tunnel activity, buff begging, tunnel ratting, twink leveling, EC was the lifeblood of my live experience.

Second Runner Up: Crystal Caverns. Music in here, and the dwarf town with the crazy reggae beats, and the exp modifier, fkin loved this zone. Soloed on my dark elf shadowknight many a day.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:37 AM
Planar Protector

I agree with EC Knuckle. I had similar experiences. Butcherblock is probably another for similar reasons; just had great times there back in the day killing at chessboard and the goblin camps with groups. Oasis is up there too.

I just thought EC was really cool with how they put that tunnel there probably never envisioning EC being used as some major auction hub and on so many servers people organically found the tunnel and used it for that purpose.
Old 07-29-2020, 09:50 AM
Sarnak

Cabilis. Nothing comes close to my nostalgia as my first toon in 2000 was a lizard. Cabilis oozes atmosphere and I love it. Can’t wait to start an Ikky SK when Kunark drops on Green.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Send a message via AIM to Knuckle

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I agree with EC Knuckle. I had similar experiences. Butcherblock is probably another for similar reasons; just had great times there back in the day killing at chessboard and the goblin camps with groups. Oasis is up there too.

I just thought EC was really cool with how they put that tunnel there probably never envisioning EC being used as some major auction hub and on so many servers people organically found the tunnel and used it for that purpose.
Yep, I found it extremely alien when i realized on live that the "EC Tunnel" was Gfay on some servers! Extremely odd for evil races.
Old 07-29-2020, 10:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckle [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep, I found it extremely alien when i realized on live that the "EC Tunnel" was Gfay on some servers! Extremely odd for evil races.
Yeah although for many evil races it wasn’t like FP was much better. Some could vendor down in the tunnels at least, but couldn’t bank if you weren’t a class that couldn’t use on of the tricks (although I guess Neriak isn’t far for that for Trolls and Ogres which I believe can get in there)
Old 07-29-2020, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yttrium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mistmoore.

I remember exploring it in Vanilla in the days before reliable online maps and we were truly terrified. We got lost inside the castle and there was a very real possibility we could die and lose all our stuff.
Even with reliable maps certain zones like that are still terrifying lol. Not like you’ll know your way out to run away if things go to crap unless you have all those twists and turns memorized and glitchy pathing and aggro can make for quite a bad day
Old 07-29-2020, 01:37 PM
Banned

Beholder Maze! Those EE's terrified me back in the day. Back when you didn't know how big/large the maze actually was and if you got lost and died, you might actually never find your corpse. The stress of being charmed by an EE and not being able to control your character was awful (but kind of funny when you actually started attacking your group members). Loved the pixel icon for the polished bone bracer..

Also North Freeport! Early on Mithaniel Marr server, this is where the majority of commerce/trade happened. Used to love clicking every link for items and inspect players with obvious high end gear.
Old 07-29-2020, 05:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmcitysking [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Used to love clicking every link for items and inspect players with obvious high end gear.

No, prolly not. Item links were't added for a long ass time.
Closed Thread