Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 02:30 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't opine on your other comments but you're absolutely right about what would happen if the player agreed list went away. Look what Blue was like. A select group of people monopolizing the ACs most of the time and corpsing rings to MQ them
I was on blue from classic until velious release, with reduced playtime thereafter, but I never had a problem getting the AC camp. Did I have to wait for a few people to finish before I got my shot? Sure... but it never took a week, and I was never told there were potentially 150 people in front of me. You're making up false history to fit your narrative, and while that might work in current US politics, I won't let you bullshit us all here.

For the record, I don't have an issue with people farming for MQ either, within the means of the normal server rules... but when you have a list like this that basically enables a farmer to have zero presence for a week at the camp and then pop on in like clockwork to claim their free 6,000 plat (read: time that someone else actually spent PLAYING THE GAME), you have a problem. This list is slow poison, and even if it continues for a bit after this thread dies, people will get tired of it soon.
Last edited by beh; 08-05-2020 at 02:35 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 02:37 PM
Sarnak

This is unhealthy.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:39 PM
Aviak

Yup, one guild arbitrarily making custom rules for decades-old content that has never had a serious issue in the past... definitely unhealthy for a server as a whole.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:47 PM
Sarnak

Well, I'm not trying to take sides here. I don't even play anymore (stuff like this being one of the factors). I just mean the entire situation is unhealthy.

I did a list item once. Was in the game straight for like 22 hours or something just waiting and camping the item. That was torturous and unhealthy. When I first played EverQuest, I never really cared about things like J Boots or Manastones - I might not have even known they existed, but I feel like it's really hard not to now in the current P99 environment in 2020.
Last edited by TripSin; 08-05-2020 at 02:50 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 02:54 PM
Kobold

So you want the same thing but without a centralized list and camp holder has to /who all everyone on said list persistently to ensure they are online?
Old 08-05-2020, 03:01 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yup, one guild arbitrarily making custom rules for decades-old content that has never had a serious issue in the past... definitely unhealthy for a server as a whole.
Take your advice on reading. This had nothing to do with guild and we didn't create any rules. Provided a resource for what was already in place. Again, use the Google doc link and type that out to share if you can't see that ac.kingdomdkp.com is easier to write.

As you stated above your concern is people not being online. As pointed out, thats a bit hypocritical regarding your "common player" argument, but let's entertain that. No centralized list. Camp holder has to write down and maintain. Camp holder has to do /who all persistently and remove offlines. That really does sound way better to manage! Can't see how that wouldn't be less open to manipulation! Get to it guys.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Make it /list. We can’t have nice things.
Old 08-05-2020, 03:07 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by beh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The "rules" state that I should have wiped the entire list out because I was there and no one else was. THAT is the rule I did not follow in the interest of kindness and consideration for strangers - and the only person who was affected negatively by my decision in that moment was ME.
move to resolved.

next time dont be an incel and take whats rightfully yours.

This thread only exists because you fucked up otherwise you would have gotten the camp, hopefully gotten your ring, and gone on with your day with nothing to bitch about
Old 08-05-2020, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
I refer to my last post
I see that, but you haven't addressed my question... which is: how is this list any worse for a "common player" which you assert this list shuts out of the running.

You seem to be saying two things... that the list is bad because it allows people to do other things while remaining on it, but also that that somehow makes it so that the "common player" cannot get their RotA. I simply don't see how those two statements are compatible. I see the opposite... the list allows someone who would otherwise be completely shut out to have a small chance of being on at the right time with the right amount of time to be able to get a spawn.

At the very least, it's a wash:

No list - you show up and wait for as long as you can hoping to both get the camp and the spawn.

List - you get put on the list and hope that your turn comes up when you are on and have time.

Will the "list" be as long if there were no list? Absolutely not. Would it change anything for someone who only has a few hours a day to play? Again, no...not in any good way.

Barring other concerns (like when you can play), the only difference is that the list allows someone to play other aspects of the game while waiting for their turn at the camp. Go ahead and complain that the list allows that, but don't pretend that the list makes it worse for the "common player".
Last edited by Sabin76; 08-05-2020 at 03:22 PM..
Old 08-05-2020, 03:46 PM
Aviak

"mOvEd tO rEsOlVeD"

Wowzers, so witty and edgy! I guess we're all done here - I'll make sure I "take what's rightfully mine" next time, and when the pimply pitchfork army chases me into the sunset of OOT, I'll also make sure to reference how you and the guy that made this list told me it was ok to do so.
Closed Thread