Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-05-2021, 09:14 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nervaaz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And you either just deal with it, or you quit. The worst thing you should do is waste your time coming on a forum to whine about it to everyone else. It is not going to change, so either man up and deal with it, or leave and find something else to do with your time.
And this close-minded attitude is exactly why the greatest mmo of all time failed on Blue, Red, and Green.
Old 07-05-2021, 10:30 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

You went to beads camp on day 1
Old 07-05-2021, 10:49 PM
Planar Protector

This goes for every player in every game: If it's not fun anymore, find something else to enjoy.

Sometimes you just need a break, and sometimes you just move on. There's nothing wrong with it, either way. However it works out for you OP, best of luck.
Old 07-05-2021, 11:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And this close-minded attitude is exactly why the greatest mmo of all time failed on Blue, Red, and Green.
Hardly. I’m loving playing on P99
Old 07-06-2021, 11:15 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by bomaroast [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I've been on P99 since 2009, but it's finally time.

I will absolutely let the door hit me on the way out, fuck you too.
Why would you let a door hit your ass? It is gonna hurt...just dodge that shit.

Seriously though, your post is an accurate description of classic EverQuest...not green, blue, red, some TLP...you're literally complaining about "features" of real and true classic EQ. It was objectively WAY worse back on blue in 2010ish --- which you played through and enjoyed apparently.

Is it possible that what has changed is you and not EQ? Green doesn't seem any different than what has happened in the past or what will happen in the future. Leaving because your personal tastes and preferences in gaming/leisure have changed is perfectly legit imo.

Good luck in your next game.
Old 07-06-2021, 11:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastboy21 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why would you let a door hit your ass? It is gonna hurt...just dodge that shit.

Seriously though, your post is an accurate description of classic EverQuest...not green, blue, red, some TLP...you're literally complaining about "features" of real and true classic EQ. It was objectively WAY worse back on blue in 2010ish --- which you played through and enjoyed apparently.

Is it possible that what has changed is you and not EQ? Green doesn't seem any different than what has happened in the past or what will happen in the future. Leaving because your personal tastes and preferences in gaming/leisure have changed is perfectly legit imo.

Good luck in your next game.
Yeah I mean I started playing on Blue in 2018 and even then the big ticket items were always almost perma camped by lines of players (or certain groups of players). And that's after Blue had been in Kunark and Velious for years.

Initially back on live certain items weren't perma camped simply because of the lack of knowledge. It took awhile for that stuff to percolate online. That's basically the only difference between live and P99 in that regard, that the long lists of people and/or certain major items being perma camped happens immediately because everyone knows about them, as opposed to happening months down the line.
Old 07-06-2021, 12:33 PM
Orc

I definitely relate to the OP. I know many do. To think that in 2 days Vulak went down on green is crazy. I mean on one hand that's amazing feat by ST! On the other hand, it shows how much prior knowledge there is and how trivialized the content has become with it. I've loved spending time in Kunark duoing camps in HS, Seb etc, pushing my own limits soloing, etc. However, Velious doesn't leave a lot open as far as I can tell for that sort of play style. The raiding/gearing/progression that made Velious special in the original expansion to get to the NTOV/ST stuff was the whole experience, which is unfortunately no longer possible and content will be locked down indefinitely now. I play mostly for nostalgia and the experience, but if I wanted to play to experience content I missed out on originally, other than joining one of like 2 guilds on green and having to play very aggressively (which I just don't have room in my life for), I don't have much hope of experiencing that raid content. Maybe some of the bigger guilds will look to bring back some open raids for those that want to experience the encounters but don't care about loot? Looking to blue, I still don't understand how to this day people are still heavily competing for raid mobs, but everyone plays this for different reasons!
Old 07-06-2021, 06:51 PM
Orc

Why does everything need to be zerged? Can someone please answer this question?

Instead, what if there was a maximum player count per guild? Raid targets could be on a UN rotation where each small/medium sized guild has to kill their weekly designated targets within 24 hours of spawning or else they are penalized. This would allow for challenging encounters and also give more people a chance to get loot. Players are immersed when their involvement actually matters.

I doubt that OP would be so upset if he had a guild that needed him in order to succeed. In the game's current state, no one gives a shit who shows up to raids. It's actually better that people don't show up because it increases your odds of getting loot.

People want open raids because they'll actually have a chance of getting loot -- not because they're more fun.

If your goal is to ''restore the magic and difficulty of the original Everquest game, including mechanics, interface, etc'' you failed miserably on so many different levels.
Old 07-06-2021, 07:05 PM
Planar Protector

/guidlwar
Old 07-06-2021, 08:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Remember when the server first launched there were so many people that a Green and Teal server were needed? We are only a couple days into Velious and over 90% of the population has left.

1) The zerg raid scene is pathetic. Everquest is best when each person has to play their class to the maximum of their ability to succeed. The greatest memories and friendships are formed when you rally and win an extremely challenging encounter because everyone did their part.

2) The same ~50 players get EVERYTHING first. The same people that have AoNs were likely first to get their Trak bp, VP robes, epics (and their alts' epics), titles from BoTB, etc. Mostly in ST but there are also a few Kingdom and FoW players in this category.

3) GM favoritism is rampant. Why do you think raid targets spawned during work on Fridays (and even on Mondays)? Hint: A few people in ST couldn't play on Saturdays. I wish I was lying. This favoritism carries over to other aspects such as reimbursement requests and petition response times.

I know there are a lot of competent people that have literally given their lives for this project, however, the population (or lack thereof) suggests that it failed. My brother, sister, and I joined P99 because we wanted to experience end game content that we couldn't 20 years ago, but we left because this server (notice how I don't call it a world) is a disaster.
Too bad ST's loot system doesn't work that way. How are you this mad and this wrong at the same time?
Closed Thread