Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2015, 08:29 PM
Kobold

Default You're building a "custom content" server...

Just to narrow the focus of the discussion to something somewhat feasible for an unpaid dev team, pick the choice below that you would MOST want to play in. The main goal is to preserve the overall gameplay style of classic Everquest but with some new things added to the mix.

-Class revisions/spell changes

-New zones

-Mob AI/behavior

-New Quests

-New Loot/item effects

-Tradeskills

If it was me I'd go with Class revisions/spell changes.

-Wizard damage spells would be reworked from the ground up with some ability cues from the enchanter and rogue.
-Warriors would have a temporary self-haste ability as well as a broader array of combat skills
-Druids get Spirit of Cobra, a strength-based-on-level poison DD proc buff
-Rangers would have access to a completely viable Archery ability at all levels, some spells transferred to magic arrow effects
-Mages could summon a healing pet(gasp!!)--moderate heals of course nothing close to CH
-Clerics would have self-ports to most dungeons
-Bards would have Bind Affinity
-Rogues would have trainable access to all playable race illusions/faction adjust
-Necros could reanimate fallen players temporarily
-Shaman could bestow Spirit Walk on fallen players
-Monks would be able to craft self-only bandages and pull from longer range
-Shadowknights would have a much better and lower level Life Tap proc buff
-Paladin would have a Increase Healing Effect self-buff
-Enchanter slow would be changed to Spell Slow ONLY, with higher percentage returns starting at lower levels
Old 11-23-2015, 09:09 PM
Planar Protector

I was trying hard not to post it, really I tried...but...wheres the pvp option??

<3
Old 11-23-2015, 09:21 PM
Planar Protector

That aside, you've got some very good creative ideas [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 11-23-2015, 09:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was trying hard not to post it, really I tried...but...wheres the pvp option??

<3
sadly EQ wasn't designed for pvp so that would be too big a stretch even for a fictitious thread..

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

j/k <3
Old 11-23-2015, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

New playable race: Gungans.

You're Welcome.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:52 PM
Aviak

of all the things to do with a Bard, Bind Affinity?
Old 11-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by newagemystic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
of all the things to do with a Bard, Bind Affinity?
Agreed. Boo.

Give us MemBlur and Feign Death.

MemBlur..

Paladin = part cleric = has Rez
Bard = part enchanter = ...give me MemBlur

Feign Death..

Quote:
Rogues would have trainable access to all playable race illusions/faction adjust
We already have access to the best faction adjustment I'm going to invoke the "Acting" clause on the race illusions and say for Bard again. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Bard...song, dance, acting... acting, faking death.... = Feign Death.
Last edited by Aalderon Crystafire; 11-23-2015 at 10:11 PM..
Old 11-23-2015, 10:20 PM
Large Rat

I'd like to see a rework of POP where ZI and ZO are to and from EC tunnel. Following similar flagging that was required for this expansion zones would be level restricted where nightmare were geared towards levels 10-15. Mobs and encounters would be geared towards these levels and all encounters are only available to the appropriate level ranges. A pass would be given to those already above the required level with the exception of time where all proper flags are required with no option to back flag. To keep things open for more players only a few players previously flagged for an encounter would be allowed to repeat the encounter. Additionally once a player engages in an encounter beyond their first they would be locked out for at least the next 4 possible encounters. Add to this no binding in zones and if you camp out you are ported back to POK. This prevents, in theory, guilds from monopolizing content.

Would surely need some tweeking but could make for a fun time for players with everyone given the chance to play.

Just my 2cp
Old 11-24-2015, 12:50 AM
Orc

The fact that is wasn't built for PvP is what makes it good for PvP. The gear disparity sucks, but aside from that the PvP is very good.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:37 AM
Kobold

The bards in this thread fail.

The 'custom' content that bards need, is a few AE songs from later expansions, it makes no sense that you can't feel the effects of a bard singing 10 feet away from you but not in a group. If the devs don't want resist songs to be AE for mob tuning reasons, fine. But at the very least, bring in the AE mana song. It is totally in character, for newbies to follow a bard singing cantata. There should always be a group of lowbies in the EC tunnel around that nice guy singing AE cantata. That should have been 'classic' from day one.
Closed Thread