Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2019, 10:33 AM
Sarnak

Default Played EQ a long, long time ago.

I'm going to give it a try again. I played back in early 2000. Played for a few years on Xev and retired shortly after the guild I was in killed that big PoT end mob.

Gave it up after that. Thought I'd pop on to see if that old magic was still there.
Old 11-14-2019, 09:35 PM
Aviak

Welcome back! Hope you love p99 as much as we all do.
Old 11-14-2019, 11:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gave it up after that. Thought I'd pop on to see if that old magic was still there.
The Old Magic is definitely here OP!

Green is the best server for that classic feeling and if you want something a bit less crowded try Teal.

I have been having a blast the past days being on Green, reminiscing the good old days of EQ.

Having the Classic races/classes in such a compact land is actually quite fun.

I am even trying classes I have never tried before, so yeah, hope you recapture the old magic friend! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
----------------------------------
[center]
Old 11-17-2019, 07:32 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm going to give it a try again. I played back in early 2000. Played for a few years on Xev and retired shortly after the guild I was in killed that big PoT end mob.

Oh, you'll love it. We're very recently back also when we heard the Green/Teal news, but 7-8 years ago we played characters up to 50ish on the Blue server, and it was great. Good old fashioned hard core EQ populated by people who like it that way.

This evening on Green there were 60-80 players all evening in GFay, that's not much less than it was at its worst in 1999 on Bristlebane in the first weeks of live.

And the noobs are like us, not really noobs, but old-time experienced players who just need to remember the commands and switchology and get their UIs set up correctly, no one is clueless. So there's no such thing as the useless group members we all remember on live- when playing on Blue I don't recall grouping with anyone who didn't know how to perform their role at least reasonably well.

And hell if you go to Youtube and search Everquest P99, there are dozens of walkthroughs of zones and leveling guides and raid guides and everything else, stuff we all would have killed for 20 years ago. Between that and the wiki docs and the massive collective experience of the players, you'll never be wondering what to do next and how to do it.
Old 11-17-2019, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Welcome back to Norrath! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

"You know you done fucked up when Yendor gives you raid commentary." - Tiggles
Old 11-17-2019, 05:15 PM
Sarnak

So I've dinged level 3. Hah. This reminds me of way back. EC tunnel...hah! trying to get the hang of things again. Thanks for the words of encouragement.
Old 11-18-2019, 02:42 AM
Kobold

Welcome back to Norrath. Played on Tarew Marr myself
Old 11-18-2019, 11:46 AM
Skeleton

The nostalgia of it really makes the game. I kept running into things and saying I REMEMBER THIS!!!
Old 11-18-2019, 11:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrica [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The nostalgia of it really makes the game. I kept running into things and saying I REMEMBER THIS!!!
Indeed. We even started an account for my son who wasn't even around back in the old days when I played.

My favorite line so far....Dad, I need to make a new character because I died and spawned somewhere and lost all of my stuff.

I just thought to myself....welcome to EQ my son...welcome to EQ.

Hah!
Old 11-18-2019, 11:59 AM
Skeleton

awwww are you guys on Teal? If so you tell your son to message me and I will come locate his corpse lol (Tawnnee)
Closed Thread