Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 06-25-2020, 11:50 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Thanks for that perspective, Shamwowi. I suppose my issue with JBB's utility at higher levels is that I can't find too many camps that facilitate this JBB spamming that don't also require splitting a group of high HP mobs that need 2 full minutes of JBB and pet gnawing on their ankles each. After slows and roots, I don't really have mana left for DoTs. I guess the Fungi staff might help in that regard, though I'd still need to figure out how to kill Black Dire for the boots. For instance, I'm thinking of CoM ramparts as one leveling path that might open up to me with epic that I definitely can't split with my current setup. But I certainly take your point that Torpor is the ultimate game changer, but with my current play time availability, it might take me a seriously long time to get to 60.
My leveling path was as follows:

South Kaladim Guards to 54 or 55. You need to learn the pathers, since you can get more than one guard if you are not careful, but it is good xp and money.

The two level 50 giants under Frontier Mountains giant fort from 55 to 56 or 57. They are on a 6 min timer, and do not agro each other. Only downside is they don't drop anything.

I haven't tried PoM Rat Maze at 55, but you might even be able to do that from 55-60. This is the best place to level hands down when going to 60. As I said, I was able to get 1 blue per hour solo at level 59. I couldn't find any camp that was better.

The best alternate spot is the Ogre/Troll trainers in Neriak Foreign Quarter. I was getting something like 3 blues per 5 hours there. Not as good as PoM Rat Maze, but it was the second best camp I could find.

Fungi Staff is a great leveling tool. It is basically a Flowing Thought 2 item for Shamans. You save 1200 mana per hour by not casting Regrowth for 300 mana every 15 minutes. You should get the Black Fur Boots, however, since you can instantly switch from regen to run speed. Black Dire is easy, just get a few high level friends together. You need 1 group max, and can do it with less if people are good.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:57 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeathsSilkyMist [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My leveling path was as follows:

South Kaladim Guards to 54 or 55. You need to learn the pathers, since you can get more than one guard if you are not careful, but it is good xp and money.

The two level 50 giants under Frontier Mountains giant fort from 55 to 56 or 57. They are on a 6 min timer, and do not agro each other. Only downside is they don't drop anything.

I haven't tried PoM Rat Maze at 55, but you might even be able to do that from 55-60. This is the best place to level hands down when going to 60. As I said, I was able to get 1 blue per hour solo at level 59. I couldn't find any camp that was better.

The best alternate spot is the Ogre/Troll trainers in Neriak Foreign Quarter. I was getting something like 3 blues per 5 hours there. Not as good as PoM Rat Maze, but it was the second best camp I could find.

Fungi Staff is a great leveling tool. It is basically a Flowing Thought 2 item for Shamans. You save 1200 mana per hour by not casting Regrowth for 300 mana every 15 minutes. You should get the Black Fur Boots, however, since you can instantly switch from regen to run speed. Black Dire is easy, just get a few high level friends together. You need 1 group max, and can do it with less if people are good.
Great tips. Thanks!
Old 06-25-2020, 12:04 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henlolizar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Great tips. Thanks!
No problem! Getting to 55 is the big goal here. Your level 55 pet is MUCH better than your previous pet. It will allow you to save more Mana and HP. This is because it can tank mobs really well when they are slowed. This means you can use your pet to save HP, due to the pet tanking the damage for you. It also has pretty good DPS when hasted, especially with Celerity at 56.

With a hasted level 55 pet, your pet can get to the top of the agro list, and maintain that agro. This means you can have your pet tank a single mob INSTEAD of having to re-root it all the time. This saves quite a bit of mana in itself. From what I recall, I usually only had to root the mob once when my pet was attacking it. By the time the root wore off, there was a good chance the pet was at the top of the list. If it isn't, just root one more time and you should be good. You can even try out your lower mana roots, since you will be JBB spamming.
Old 06-25-2020, 11:01 PM
Planar Protector

Do you have a schedule for grouping? If so go to the Hole and enjoy the heal/buff-bot mana from a fungi. A fungi is always worth plat and can always be put on an alt.

My sham is going slow, 58 and very casual. I’m curious what the epic allows a torp Sham do that an epic-Less one can’t. Farming seems still doable just less easy/efficient. It’s prob the last thing I’ll pay for (but I’m strange).
Old 06-25-2020, 11:30 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snaggles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Do you have a schedule for grouping? If so go to the Hole and enjoy the heal/buff-bot mana from a fungi. A fungi is always worth plat and can always be put on an alt.

My sham is going slow, 58 and very casual. I’m curious what the epic allows a torp Sham do that an epic-Less one can’t. Farming seems still doable just less easy/efficient. It’s prob the last thing I’ll pay for (but I’m strange).
Epic should be the last thing purchased on a Shaman, unless you are an Iksar, or very wealthy. Non-Iksars get JBB, which is more than good enough to power level yourself when combined with Fungi Staff, Fungi Tunic, and Black Fur Boots.

Epic is good for soloing with a Torpor Shaman. Even with Torpor, you still spend a ton of mana on spells. Casting Malo, Turgurs Insects, Insidious Decay, and Pox on a mob ONCE costs 1130 mana. In a 15 minute fight, such as WW Dragons, you need to cast Turgurs Insects 2 more times, Malo one more time, Insidious Decay one more time, and Pox 7 more times. This means you are spending 3960 additional mana after that, for a total of 5090 mana, assuming no resists or fizzles. My Shaman has a 3079 mana pool at the moment. This scenario assumes you are using Epic for your second DoT. If you are not, then you would need to use Bane of Nife. This means casting another 425 mana DoT 6 times to make up for that damage. Epic saves me at least 2550 mana in this fight, assuming no fizzles or resists.

Saving mana is good in fights when you need to face tank. This is because the act of face tanking destroys a LOT of HP that would normally be used for cannibalize. This means your mana regeneration also suffers quite a bit. On a tough mob, it is possible to run out of mana eventually, if the fight goes long enough, and they hit hard enough.

Epic is great when you need to farm lower level mobs as well, like orcs in Crystal Caverns for Velium Ore. Without Epic, that would be a much slower affair, due to how much mana you would spend on DoTs.

EDIT: The other benefit to Epic is the DoT is magic damage, rather than Cold/Poison/Disease. This means any mob that can be slowed can be DoTed with Epic, even if they are normally immune to some combination of Cold/Poison/Disease. Velious has quite a few cold immune mobs, which removes your direct damage spell from the equation.
Last edited by DeathsSilkyMist; 06-25-2020 at 11:33 PM..
Old 06-26-2020, 12:34 AM
Planar Protector

Great insight! Thx for that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]. Yea troll here with jbb. I’ll keep grinding the slow path, save for torp and prob give the fungi back to my 60 ranger. The epic will happen eventually.
Old 06-26-2020, 03:24 AM
Sarnak

The shaman epic is really only good solo, as soon as you duo it already lose a lot of value, in groups you will barely ever click it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
but what I can say is that when you're doing stuff like the Sebilis King or CE camps (even in groups; you can't solo Crypt until you have Torpor) earning 100k is so much easier than when you're doing ... whatever the best thing is that a 50 Shaman can do for plat. I mean statistically speaking, if you do 6 King camps for maybe four hours each, you'll get a Fungi, and that's like half of Torpor right there (and that's IF you don't win a Torpor by amazing luck at CE).
That's so misleading, the chance to get a seb king group as a 53 shaman is almost impossible, even at 60 with torpor it's not easy to find a king group.

As far as CE since the ZEM change sebilis is often a bring your own group kind of place, it's not impossible to find a group but realisticaly you will spend a lot of time siting LFG at the entrance.

People underestimate the cash you can make leveling solo, on my sham I did 50 - 58 in WL killing faerie dragons then goos, it was super boring but I easily made 75k and leveled quite fast at the same time. I had epic at 50 but you can totally do the same thing without it's just a tad slower.

But if I had to relevel a shaman post ZEM change I would probably just group in the hole, the bonus exp is stupid and you will get 60 much faster than anywhere else, the money won't be very good but that time saved you can use it to make money at 60.
Old 06-26-2020, 09:15 AM
Kobold

Thanks all for the advice.

Do Black Fur Boots work indoors?
Old 06-26-2020, 10:10 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's so misleading, the chance to get a seb king group as a 53 shaman is almost impossible, even at 60 with torpor it's not easy to find a king group.
Yeah, my quote was terribly misleading ... if you just completely ignore the first sentence of it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the main thing missing there is that, even without Torpor, a 60 Shaman can farm plat much faster than (say) a 50 can.
The entire point I was making was that a 60 Shaman can do more valuable camps than a level 50 (or 53) Shaman! And as for the ease of getting King (or CE) ... I was just giving examples of camps (to show how much better the 60 ones are than the 50 ones) ... not listing the entirety of a 60 Shaman's options.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 06-26-2020 at 10:13 AM..
Old 06-26-2020, 10:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Thanks all for the advice.

Do Black Fur Boots work indoors?
Nope.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread