Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2020, 10:13 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Some Questions About the UN and Federation

I have some questions and I hope the community can help!

It is my understanding the UN was created to share content and turn a non TLP server into a modified TLP server. Planar trash, King Tranix and Phinny all now have their scheduled raid slots. You and your guild show up at 7pm est on a Tuesday evening and there he is King Tranix himself patiently waiting to be killed by a guild of 45 in less than 2.7 seconds. Just how the original developers drew it up, I imagine.

Then The Federation was created to share 7 day targets. The Federation which compromises of <Kingdom>, <Black Lotus>, <Venerate>, <Castle>, <Aussie Crew>, and <Reconstructed> all gather up ~150 people, kill a 7 day target and /random on the loot.

So the The Federation is a UN within the UN, if that makes sense?

So my questions are:

1) Were we really this soft in 1999? Was most of the content on a scheduled rotation and will it be the same in Kunark and Velious?

2) What would happen if <Seal Team> left the UN and locked everything down? What would happen if your guild isn’t able to run a Tranix Crown through its DKP system?

3) I’ve never seen a top server guild share so much content. When ST kills Phinny on an earthquake why does the rest of the UN start curing? Were we really this soft in 1999?

4) Do you think the original developers intended end game content to be competitive or shared in a modified TLP format?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:00 AM
Sarnak

I think this is a matter of we are all 20 years older and can see we can share the bigger mobs as much as we can and we all benefit.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:09 AM
Planar Protector

in this game era on tarew marr we had "agreements" between guilds. Sometimes they held up, sometimes not. Nowadays players are 20 years older like chimp said, some people are more mature now. some.

there was this guild called Clan of Shadows, total zerg guild. They would mass right up next to your raid, and stand there while you fought, healing the AEs they took, waiting to engaged at the moment that you wiped.

They would all yell in /shout and /ooc "Let Them Weaken It!!" It was hilarious even when it was my guild that wiped.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:28 AM
Aviak

Let me answer your questions with another question.

There are games that are clearly designed around skill based competition, where you cannot be super stoned or drunk or old to do well at. There are also games which were designed to hang out with your friends, clicking some buttons, getting drunk and high and chilling the fuck out while you murder frogloks.

Which of these do you think Everquest is?
Old 07-20-2020, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-20-2020, 09:52 AM
Kobold

0/10 shitpost full of logical fallacies. Why don't you just say what you really want to say, coward.
Old 07-20-2020, 09:56 AM
Planar Protector

You have no idea what you are talking about and at least half of your post consists of you not understanding the things you are attempting to discuss.

In reality, Seal Team is dominating this server's raid scene and bullying all of their competition and Kunark is only going to make that worse, not better.
Old 07-20-2020, 10:25 AM
Banned

I'm glad that Seal Team is around. They are the only guild on the entire server that has morals and standards. You don't just hit level 46 and join Seal Team's raid group. It takes most people months to show that they are dedicated. Meanwhile every other guild on the server spam invites everyone over level 46 without having any clue who the person is or what they are capable of, and then they wonder why their guild sucks dick.

Can you imagine how terrible the raid scene would be if a guild like Black Lotus was at the top of the food chain?
Old 07-20-2020, 10:34 AM
Banned

RJ you cant imagine the kind of slimy, finger pointing train wrecks I've encountered along the way. Maybe you can.

The goal of the UN is to try and regulate things a bit so every single 8 hour spawn isnt a piss and shit fest for the GMs to sort out.

Things are a lot better than they would be otherwise. Don't forget to come to the public raids every month and celebrate classic MMOing with your fellow pals. It's not all cringey WoW xpacs out there.
Old 07-20-2020, 11:00 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default 7 day targets are still first to engage (FTE)

Re: #2 - You miss an important point - 7 day targets - (Vox, Naggy, CT, Draco, Inny, Maestro) are not controlled or scheduled by the UN or the Federation. Those are all "First To Engage" (FTE - race to kill targets). Seal Team gets almost all of those. So for question #2 - ST has those mostly locked down because they track for thema nd mobilize and move in and terminate them quickly when they spawn - and ST is still a member of the UN.

I think what you are referring to is the Federation (Group of various separate guilds that are also in the UN) that tries to pick one or more 7 day targets to race to kill instead of Seal Team. I assume they are not strong enough as individual Guilds to take down those 7 day targets - so have formed this NATO alliance type Federation to get enough numbers and strength for when the 7 days do pop.

So for instance the past 2 earthquake / server resets this past Friday morning and Sunday ~ 5 AM - I believe Federation tried or got one or two of those 7 day mobs - and ST took out all the rest - 2x.

Occasionally - once I've seen - an open raid is held on some 7 day targets - I assume ST just allowed this by leaving them up as a gesture of charity or something.

The schedule that the UN sets up with member guilds (including Seal Team as a UN member) is the "Planar Trash", Tranix, and Phinny. Those are not 7 day spawns - they re-pop every few hours and can be setup on 8 hour blocks by the UN. That content is put on a rotation - by and for - those in the UN.

Those Guilds not in UN are not bound to follow any of those UN schedules and those mobs are fair game for those that camp them and/or first to engage.

Footnote - there is apparently a "local server rule" - not part of the posted Play Nice Policies that I see - that the FTE 7 day mobs require a raid (guild or Federation) to totally exit zone once it pops. The raid must then move into zone and engage the Mob. (Race and FTE gets the fight) So no camping 100 people just outside of Naggy lair waiting for it to pop in its 7 day random respawn for example.

Re #1 - My '99 experience was the top guild locked down the top content on the server and pretty much excluded anyone else from getting a chance- once Kunark they mostly moved to locked that down - but would still take out dragons if available. "Competition" is misleading term when the 2d place guilds rarely got a chance to learn the encounter to even become "competitive". YMMV
Closed Thread