Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 12-23-2020, 05:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why are their so many tears for people killing bankers? It's part of the appeal and allure of the game that you're capable of playing and leveling in unorthodox and unconventional ways, like killing bankers to lvl. I've never had an issue asking them to give me a moment to bank between spawns.
Because, as mentioned, there's a reasonable level of expectancy to use a core mechanic of the game. The difficulty comes from the game, not other players bending the game. When you have new players quitting the game over this and such a volume of people mentioning how aggravating it is having to schedule their own time to other people's for a simple function as banking, it's a problem (even if it isn't a problem for you).
Old 12-23-2020, 05:16 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by OuterChimp [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nobody has the balls to kill the banker in Qenos Catacombs....
This. They do it because it's convenient, and permit people to bank because they don't want to be banned, not because they especially care about inconveniencing others.
Old 12-23-2020, 05:29 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It doesn't make sense to me why the Bankers are on an XP table when the vast majority of city vendors aren't. How is it not zone disruption when it's forcing everyone in the zone to march to the beat of the drum of whoever decides to make a city their personal farming ground?

It's expected when it's the rest of the game, out killing camps, but it's plain ridiculous to force everyone else to come to a grinding halt, stop what they're doing, and wait around for you. In what dimension is that playing nice? How is that not literal disruption? Makes me wonder if the people getting a pass for it are big names. Hmm...
Is it ridiculous to force everyone else to come to a grinding halt so you can use a banker? There are 947 bankers in EQ, how is one dying stopping you? Get GUD!
Old 12-23-2020, 05:34 PM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachtsuchen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Because, as mentioned, there's a reasonable level of expectancy to use a core mechanic of the game. The difficulty comes from the game, not other players bending the game. When you have new players quitting the game over this and such a volume of people mentioning how aggravating it is having to schedule their own time to other people's for a simple function as banking, it's a problem (even if it isn't a problem for you).
People who quit, are quitters. They will quit for one reason or another. you cant stop them from quitting, or they wouldn't be quitters.

If you can't bank and that is the worse thing going on in your world, you must have an amazing world.

But yeah, make bankers like level 100 and non kos to everyone. And give me max level with all bis gear too.
Old 12-24-2020, 12:25 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
towns should be dungeons and attacking townsfolk should flag you for pvp.
It never sat with me right, when on my troll, that I must watch gnomes lay siege to my homeland with no recourse...
Old 12-24-2020, 12:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
towns should be dungeons and attacking townsfolk should flag you for pvp.
So close to realizing what's needed
Old 12-24-2020, 12:25 PM
Planar Protector

Lots of really good insight on the last page of this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-24-2020, 01:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnetaress [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Lots of really good insight on the last page of this thread [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please add me to the player operated list to kill the Qenos banker.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:14 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
People who quit, are quitters. They will quit for one reason or another. you cant stop them from quitting, or they wouldn't be quitters.
Not sure if it occurred to you genius, but in cities like Qeynos, there stands a high likelihood new players - who can't go anywhere else but Qeynos - don't exactly have access to other banks. WHOA! BRAIN BLAST! Get over yourself.
Old 12-24-2020, 02:19 PM
Aviak

Pls don’t play open world in this open world game. Pls play the way I want to play. GMs, halp!
Closed Thread